JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Please remember - hard chroming is not the same as regular "chrome".

Hard chroming is an industrial coating that is much thicker than "chrome". It is used for heavy wear surfaces like hydraulic cylinder pistons. It does not look "smooth and shiny" like regular chrome.

If whatever you are hard chroming can take an extra 0.005-0.010" of thickness you should go for it! It looks cool too! (NOT shiny)

Hence the bead blasting... I know its not going to be shiny. I think the action of a worn mini 14 can take a few thousands extra.

Cool pics, at least the ones that work :D I wonder what they charge for long guns?

I know hardchrome isn't the garish finish you see on mexican taurus' in .38 super. But it's a **** of a lot shinier than parkerizing ;)

100SSPRL-11.jpg

A friend of mine had one of the marine remington 870's that was hardchromed with black furniture, something about it always deeply offended my sensibilities.

In that link to Doubletap he quotes $59.00 for a slide and 10.00 for shipping.
Probably not much more than that now. In the picture of the 4 glocks I wound up with one of those G-35. That HC finish is bullet proof(pun). Meaning it is tuff and very hard to scratch. I shined the sides of the slide with Mothers mag and it took a while but it was shinier that the top of the slide and looked great.
But it is no where near the bright look as Mothers mag on Stainless.

I am thinking about doing a H&K P-30.

Nice!

If you dont mind me asking, what did that cost you?

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top