JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am in process of building an AR pistol and love the look of a recessed barrel, meaning the quad rail will stick out about an inch ahead of the end of the barrel.
Has any one had this set up before and was there any issues it?
I can't imagine if would affect anything unless you were dumb enough to hold the end of the quad rail that is.

it's just me. :D

business end remind me of :s0112:
14420E364E8A6DD11E711F.jpg

Most of the people I've seen do this because they are going to put a suppressor on it. Personally I wouldn't really recommend it, because hot powder gasses will touch your rail, which will both erode it, as well as transfer a lot of heat to it. You obviously need to make sure you're installing a free-float handguard, as there's no way for a two-piece rail to hang on to this.

just make sure you don't have a brake cause it might f up your hand guard. I personally think it looks dumb, but it's not my pistol and you can do what you like...

I like the look, and can see the safet concern, but then again maybe it will keep grubby hands off from it.
Who knows, just like most of us i will do it then find something else I like and change it. Sell something, buy something else. It's a never ending problem my wife loves ��

IMAG4100.JPG
this was with a 7.5 barrel and a levang linear comp, mid length handguard. no worries with the linear comp, all gases go forward.

can't find a pic, but with the yhm end cap, looked cool
IMAG4096.JPG
same setup with an 8" barrel, perfect!

IMAG4095.JPG

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top