JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Amazon.com : P&G (TM) Purifier of Water (Case of 240 Packets) : Sports & Outdoors

There is also a 12 count package for $20 at Amazon (just using this source for pricing and availability).

This might be an option for more safely storing a purification material somewhat long-term than either liquid bleach or powdered calcium hypochlorite [Ca(ClO)2].

The product info says it has a shelf life of 3 years. It's in a "unit dose" package for easier use. What isn't stated is how well sealed the sachets are. Do they leak chlorine gas (like bleach and Ca(ClO)2?

Might be worth considering.

Sounds like something you'd only want to buy if you have a pretty immediate use for it, not for storage. For my family I have a 55 gal barrel (going to up it to 2 barrels this Summer) treated with Aquamira, a couple of the large Sawyer filters and a 4 pack of the Sawyer mini filters.

i thought this might be an option for some since many people are told to have bleach on hand and some have 'pool shock' or Ca(ClO)2 on hand.

There is a method for convertying salt water into bleach that I want to read more about and buy/build to add to my purification methods. I think water, post-quake, is going to be critical.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top