JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Which vehicle mounted CB radio should I get?

• President Electronics BILL CB Radio

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Radioddity CB-27

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Midland 1001LWX

Votes: 7 87.5%
  • President Electronics ADAMS FCC CB Radio

Votes: 1 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Never pass up good deals. You'll always regret it. I order everything from Amazon because the returns are easy and hassle free if I don't like the product or it doesn't work for what an intended set-up. Hope it works for you.
The tram dual coil is actually a transfer antenna while camping. It will look weird if I use it on mobility.

Never pass up good deals. You'll always regret it. I order everything from Amazon because the returns are easy and hassle free if I don't like the product or it doesn't work for what an intended set-up. Hope it works for you.
I got the tram today and I loaded it up on the PU. I notice right away that the antenna is much stronger and clearer in receiving. I'm not sure if there is an improvement in the transmission because the old Francis which is the one I'm using is very string especially in audio. The difference right away is when I key in the francis and when I'm close to the house, it distorts the frequency of the garage opener so I have to reset it. This antenna doesn't do it.

1702773665391.jpeg

I'm using the old school analog meter. Pretty much I'm done with the antenna setup. But the meter is still hooked up as I'm using it with a switch box so I can see the modulation swing. Both base antenna and the and mobile is phenomenal. I can easily hit Corvallis straight from base. I love this radio. Its got 2 simultaneous-separate, volume, transmit and receive indicator, squelch and RF Gain adjustments all in analog analog form. Even the transmit and receive is much clearer than my other mobile radio.

The only thing that I don't like about home base is going to the roof of my house. Its not like 35 years ago. It will look ridiculous for someone in my age messing around with antennas especially if my neighbors see me doing it. Its a good thing that I only had the antenna sitting on a 10 footer mast. :s0090:

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews