JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Just waking up from a nap and give the dogs a treat we just bought from Costco…..

You know how your brain ain't quite right on a lazy Sunday afternoon nap….🤪

Potential back up food prep…?
Value is there. Vs. freeze dried meats from big names…..$100 a pound 2/3rds the calories?

What do you think?

100% freeze dried beef liver….
Net 3600 calories…..10 per 1/2" cube.
$7.69 per 17.6 OZ bag

I very much dislike liver. Any which way…..let my son taste it…… he's like MIKEY and little crumb ain't gonna hurt. He didn't like it.

4827B2FA-3786-4618-A4E8-911EAAE4DAD9.jpeg 0B02566B-54F0-48C6-B4BE-DEDD28641DDC.jpeg

IIRC too much liver can cause Vitamin A poisoning in dogs.

have you ever seen what feeding too much liver does to your dogs stool? I cant imagine relying on that in shtf....

Keep in mind the meat they use in the pet food industry does not have to be USDA approved. You should look up what "3D" meats mean and where the pet food industry gets their meat from. Last thing you want during shtf is to get sick or poisoning.

the cheapest nutrients for long term storage and prepping is rice and beans. You can live a long time on that alone.

IIRC too much liver can cause Vitamin A poisoning in dogs.
According to my wife, who is a Vet, this is *kinda* true. Too much of a good thing can always cause damage, but moderate beef liver intake is good for dogs. Vitamin A is key for their vision and immune system. Small amounts in their diet is fine. If they eat the whole package, get them to the vet ASAP. Otherwise it takes a lot to OD them, depending on their size.

the cheapest nutrients for long term storage and prepping is rice and beans. You can live a long time on that alone.
This, plus mac & cheese is what I lived on for several years!

According to my wife, who is a Vet, this is *kinda* true. Too much of a good thing can always cause damage, but moderate beef liver intake is good for dogs. Vitamin A is key for their vision and immune system. Small amounts in their diet is fine. If they eat the whole package, get them to the vet ASAP. Otherwise it takes a lot to OD them, depending on their size.
Yeah, I dont know how much or how quick it would take to get VA poisoning, my guess was it was more gradual, but I dont know. Well, I do know too much gave my dog the runs when she counter surfed the whole thing and ran (arent dogs fun).... so now imagining living off it as a survival prep....
Just something I heard good to know its true

Yeah, I dont know how much or how quick it would take to get VA poisoning, my guess was it was more gradual, but I dont know. Well, I do know too much gave my dog the runs when she counter surfed the whole thing and ran (arent dogs fun).... so now imagining living off it as a survival prep....
Just something I heard good to know its true
Keep Hydrogen Peroxide around. 1tbsp down the hatch will induce vomiting within minutes.

This, plus mac & cheese is what I lived on for several years!
Thx for chiming in….
I didn't consider noting moderation…. Figured the thought would be more prevalent.

Supplemental ..
Just an addition to meals as necessary. If necessary. Like 5 pound packages of chicken bullion wouldn't be ideal if consumed alone.

Even just considering it a treat for the dogs.

Another supplement type food I was considering was dried mushrooms….. they are supposed to pack a good deal for what they are….. considering cost and storage especially In powder form. Blended into just about anything.

Thx for chiming in….
I didn't consider noting moderation…. Figured the thought would be more prevalent.

Supplemental ..
Just an addition to meals as necessary. If necessary. Like 5 pound packages of chicken bullion wouldn't be ideal if consumed alone.

Even just considering it a treat for the dogs.

Another supplement type food I was considering was dried mushrooms….. they are supposed to pack a good deal for what they are….. considering cost and storage especially In powder form. Blended into just about anything.
when-your-girl-says-you-dont-take-her-places-peanut-butter-and-jelly-and-mushrooms-1447033867.jpg

Just waking up from a nap and give the dogs a treat we just bought from Costco…..

You know how your brain ain't quite right on a lazy Sunday afternoon nap….🤪

Potential back up food prep…?
Value is there. Vs. freeze dried meats from big names…..$100 a pound 2/3rds the calories?

What do you think?

100% freeze dried beef liver….
Net 3600 calories…..10 per 1/2" cube.
$7.69 per 17.6 OZ bag

I very much dislike liver. Any which way…..let my son taste it…… he's like MIKEY and little crumb ain't gonna hurt. He didn't like it.

View attachment 1405721 View attachment 1405722
Pound it up and put it in some water and then dry it out and snort it.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top