Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

H & K - Customer support good/bad?

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by John Gault, Apr 9, 2010.

1. John Gault

John Gault clackamas county Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Hey everybody. I've been looking at purchasing a new H&K sub compact pistol. Called and drove around to a few local shooting ranges that rent guns. One of the ranges didn't carry any H & K products to rent. Thought that was odd. The other one had 3 or 4 older models but the guy said they all pretty much shoot the same and it appeared that other than sizing he was probably correct. I was told straight up that the experiances with one gentleman was that H & K didn't have good support for general population when it came to servicing and repairing their products.
    Question is: Does anybody have any first hand experiance with customer support from H & K.

1/2 of me says no worries as they make a great product and much like my Sig I hope that I never need any service to speak of. Other 1/2 says I Hate to buy something so $$ and then be treated poorly after the fact. Looking for experiance in this area before I make a leap of faith.

THX

2. PeakResources

PeakResources Portland (past) Colorado (now) Member

I have a HK45 that I've never had to get serviced, so I cannot comment on repair.

I've ordered some parts for the pistol, including an ambi safety and a threaded barrel. I will say that it took 6+ months to get my order, which seemed like forever. Originally, I thought I would get the barrel within a 2-3 months, but the delivery date kept pushing. I called and heard they didn't have the ambi safeties in yet, but I could get a right side control lever, so I changed my order so I could get the lever I need sooner. It didn't ship by the next time I called (they were waiting for the barrel, even though I told them not to), and by then the barrel was nearly ready to ship, so I just waited. I got my barrel and ambi safety end of Jan / early Feb. I suspect my experience isn't typical of what one would have for replacement parts (such as O rings, firing pins, etc), which I believe they carry in stock pretty much all the time.

It was certainly a headache, but the HK45 is my primary weapon, and I don't see any reason to change. It is fully ambidextrous, super reliable, feels good, and I fully expect will be a great suppressor host.

3. Trlsmn

Trlsmn In Utero (Portland) Well-Known Member

HK%20catalog.JPG

4. John Gault

John Gault clackamas county Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Nice Post. I'm assuming you're not a fan of H & K or did I read too much into this post :>)
    I'm a lefty and I like the P2000sk function controls and overall feel but have not shot one yet. I've never owned a gun yet that I've needed factory support on but then I don't shoot enough to "wear parts out" and have always paid $$ for new high quality guns (except for my P22).

5. ronin223

ronin223 Portland Active Member

I like HK guns

The only time I called customer support was to get a manual for my new HK p7m13 which did not have the manual with ti. That was years ago. I had to call them once a week for 2 months before they would send it to me.

6. Brokenoaks

Brokenoaks Washington New Member

I had a snap ring break on my H&K USP compact (a gun I like very much and have put thousands of rounds through). I called H&K and I had a new snap ring in the mail in 3 days. they did not charge me for the snap ring or even the postage.

7. Murphy

Murphy Oregon Member

If HK provides extremely poor customer service to large US .gov agencies and the US military what type of service can you expect?

8. nwhpfan

nwhpfan Hopville Active Member

I've carried HK's for most of the last 12 years. There CS has been inconsistent to say the least. I've broke a fireing pin and got the pistol back the same week once. I sent it off to have the variant changed and got it back in two months. With that being said, it's unlikely you'll ever need CS, but if something goes wrong, learn how to deal with it yourself.

9. Silverbullet-2

Silverbullet-2 Issaquah Member

I don't own an HK guns anymore. I have had piss poor customer service in the past and have turned my back on them. One of my shooting buddies is an PD SWAT guy and he has had the same experience, too bad cause that is what he is issued. Good luck if you go down that road my friend, JPG