JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey everybody. I've been looking at purchasing a new H&K sub compact pistol. Called and drove around to a few local shooting ranges that rent guns. One of the ranges didn't carry any H & K products to rent. Thought that was odd. The other one had 3 or 4 older models but the guy said they all pretty much shoot the same and it appeared that other than sizing he was probably correct. I was told straight up that the experiances with one gentleman was that H & K didn't have good support for general population when it came to servicing and repairing their products.
Question is: Does anybody have any first hand experiance with customer support from H & K.

1/2 of me says no worries as they make a great product and much like my Sig I hope that I never need any service to speak of. Other 1/2 says I Hate to buy something so $$ and then be treated poorly after the fact. Looking for experiance in this area before I make a leap of faith.

THX

I have a HK45 that I've never had to get serviced, so I cannot comment on repair.

I've ordered some parts for the pistol, including an ambi safety and a threaded barrel. I will say that it took 6+ months to get my order, which seemed like forever. Originally, I thought I would get the barrel within a 2-3 months, but the delivery date kept pushing. I called and heard they didn't have the ambi safeties in yet, but I could get a right side control lever, so I changed my order so I could get the lever I need sooner. It didn't ship by the next time I called (they were waiting for the barrel, even though I told them not to), and by then the barrel was nearly ready to ship, so I just waited. I got my barrel and ambi safety end of Jan / early Feb. I suspect my experience isn't typical of what one would have for replacement parts (such as O rings, firing pins, etc), which I believe they carry in stock pretty much all the time.

It was certainly a headache, but the HK45 is my primary weapon, and I don't see any reason to change. It is fully ambidextrous, super reliable, feels good, and I fully expect will be a great suppressor host.

In a world of compromises, some people put the bullets in the magazine backwards...But it doesn't matter, because our gun is on the cover of the Rainbow Six video games. Look how cool that SEAL coming out of the water looks... If you buy a $2,000 SOCOM, you will be that cool of an operator too. And chicks will dig you.

At HK, we stuck a piston on an AR15, just like a bunch of other companies have done, dating back to about 1969. However ours is better, because we refuse to sell it to civilians. Because you suck, and we hate you.

Our XM8 is the greatest rifle ever developed. It may melt, and it doesn't fit any accessories known to man, but that is your fault. If you were a real operator, you would love it. Once again, look at Rainbow Six, that G36 sure is cool isn't it? Yeah, you know you want one.And by the way, check out our new HK45. We decided that humans don't need to release the magazine with their thumbs. If you were a really manly teutonic operator, you would be able to reach the controls. Plus we've fired 100,000,000 rounds through one with zero malfunctions, and that was while it was buried in a lake of molten lava, on the moon. If you don't believe us, it is because you aren't a real operator.

By the way, our cheap, mass-produced, stamped sheet metal guns like the G3 and MP5 are the bestest things ever, and totally worth asinine scalpers prices, but note that cheap, mass-produced, stamped sheet metal guns from other countries are commie garbage. Not that it matters, because you're civilians, so we won't sell them to you anyway. Because you suck, and we hate you, but we know you'll be back. We can beat you down like a trailer park wife, but you'll come back, you always do.

Buy our stuff.

Sincerely

HK Marketing DepartmentHK. Because you suck. And we hate you.

HK%20catalog.JPG

Nice Post. I'm assuming you're not a fan of H & K or did I read too much into this post :>)
I'm a lefty and I like the P2000sk function controls and overall feel but have not shot one yet. I've never owned a gun yet that I've needed factory support on but then I don't shoot enough to "wear parts out" and have always paid $$ for new high quality guns (except for my P22).

I like HK guns

The only time I called customer support was to get a manual for my new HK p7m13 which did not have the manual with ti. That was years ago. I had to call them once a week for 2 months before they would send it to me.

I had a snap ring break on my H&K USP compact (a gun I like very much and have put thousands of rounds through). I called H&K and I had a new snap ring in the mail in 3 days. they did not charge me for the snap ring or even the postage.

I've carried HK's for most of the last 12 years. There CS has been inconsistent to say the least. I've broke a fireing pin and got the pistol back the same week once. I sent it off to have the variant changed and got it back in two months. With that being said, it's unlikely you'll ever need CS, but if something goes wrong, learn how to deal with it yourself.

I don't own an HK guns anymore. I have had piss poor customer service in the past and have turned my back on them. One of my shooting buddies is an PD SWAT guy and he has had the same experience, too bad cause that is what he is issued. Good luck if you go down that road my friend, JPG

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top