JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The airline didnt overbook. They had a full plane and then decided to add an additional set of crew members so they could fly planes elsewhere. They forgot who their customers were and it will cost them dearly. They also forgot that everyone has instant access to social media accounts and has a fully functional camera and microphone on them at all times.
And I would almost guarantee that more employees of whoever,get in more trouble because they were stupid enough to do bad things were they could be recorded that the bad things they did. Think of some cop giving a guy a slap he needed,but he was recorded doing it.

Yep - truth is rarely a defense in court. Doesn't matter what he was PREVIOUSLY convicted of, it is not germane to his situation at all.
Not saying he's a good guy by any means but those thing shouldn't be any part of this.
Unless they find something incriminating on him and it was why he resisted.

I'm not sure if anyone had mentioned this, but if it was so appalling to have a doctor with obligations dragged from the plane, why did nobody else give up their seat?
Sure it wasn't predicted, but it sounds like he stated his case and it was known he felt he needed to get home for medical reasons. SO WHY DID EVERYONE ELSE STAY IN THEIR SEATS!
It's the passengers' fault as much as the airline's if you ask me. Where is the courtesy, humility, and common decency now days...

If this guy is actually a doctor then HE is in need of some 'couch time'
UA procedures need to be remedied as well.
Both were in the wrong.

Well actually no, both were not. Did the airline handle it as well as possible? Maybe not. What the vast majority here don't want to see or admit is this is a contract. When you buy a ticket for an airline you sign a contract. 99.99% of those who buy don't bother to read it. This guy guy was another example of someone who decided he did not like the terms of the contract and threw a temper tantrum. Airlines are under Federal control. When they order you to follow the contract you agreed to and you refuse, you can be charged with a Federal Crime. This guy figured if he threw a temper tantrum he would be exempt from this law. Don't like this? Then lawmakers need to change the laws. Throwing a temper tantrum after they tell you they are going to remove you will NEVER win. As I mentioned before while this guy is throwing his temper tantrum he is holding up an entire plane full of people who also feel they have a "right" to get to where they paid to go. This often sucks but it is what it is. Anyone who does not like it can chose to not buy a ticket and agree to those terms. They can also try to get Federal Law changed. Throwing a temper tantrum will not get the laws changed.

It has nothing to do with laws. It has everything to do with people deciding where they want to spend their money. Do they want to spend it with a company like United? This is a question that will be decided by consumers and the market and not by government.

Damn with that in his past you would think he would not want to make a scene like this. I would be real shocked if he was not heavily intoxicated on drugs and or alcohol when he pulled this stunt. Now it's out there for the world to see since he made this mess.
Yea the 'Court of public opinion' might not be so forgiving.

Please remember you DONT GET PAID MONEY TO GET OFF OF THR PLANE...

You get a VOUCHER that you must use within a year.

Please remember you DONT GET PAID MONEY TO GET OFF OF THR PLANE...

You get a VOUCHER that you must use within a year.

Not sure about this one but I know they (Airlines) do pay cash for this. Happened not long ago to buddy and wife. They flew to some place on one of those super low price deals on line. On way home flight was over. They got to where they were offering $800 cash and free flight. They took it. Supposed to be hours. Next plane same thing. They took the same offer, $800 each and a hotel this time. Next day they flew home with a lot of cash, a voucher for some free air time, and a nice free stay in a hotel. The airlines do not want to do what they did here. They "try" to make it worth someones hassle to get bumped. Often it is cash as part of the insensitive.

Yea the 'Court of public opinion' might not be so forgiving.

They have often talked of banning alcohol for just this reason. Many seem to think this was something new here. It's FAR from it. This happens all too often now. Only difference now days is everyone has a video camera with them. Most often this stuff is alcohol fueled. Several "celebrities" have ended up removed by force due to thinking they were above the rules the "common folk" have to follow. Given this guys past, which I have to assume he did not want splashed all across the net. I have to guess he was on something that was effecting his better judgement. Too late now for the poor guy but, he made his bed.

Well actually no, both were not. Did the airline handle it as well as possible? Maybe not. What the vast majority here don't want to see or admit is this is a contract. When you buy a ticket for an airline you sign a contract. 99.99% of those who buy don't bother to read it. This guy guy was another example of someone who decided he did not like the terms of the contract and threw a temper tantrum. Airlines are under Federal control. When they order you to follow the contract you agreed to and you refuse, you can be charged with a Federal Crime. This guy figured if he threw a temper tantrum he would be exempt from this law. Don't like this? Then lawmakers need to change the laws. Throwing a temper tantrum after they tell you they are going to remove you will NEVER win. As I mentioned before while this guy is throwing his temper tantrum he is holding up an entire plane full of people who also feel they have a "right" to get to where they paid to go. This often sucks but it is what it is. Anyone who does not like it can chose to not buy a ticket and agree to those terms. They can also try to get Federal Law changed. Throwing a temper tantrum will not get the laws changed.
See my post above about overreaching contracts.

See my post above about overreaching contracts.
See the net for MULTIPLE examples of this happening. This IS NOT even close to the first time this has happened. He can certainly hire a bottom feeder and try to sue. I know a lot of people "think" this is unfair and all. I agree it sucks. You are dealing with Federal law. Good luck getting it tossed out any time soon.

SO, some one wanna splain the "Over Booking" policy that these air carriers are using, and how it is some how legal to sell a product they do not have, when in EVERY other consumer business, this would be FRAUD:mad::mad::mad:
I only use Alaska Airlines, Or I use Private corporate aircraft on a otherwise empty return flight!

SO, some one wanna splain the "Over Booking" policy that these air carriers are using, and how it is some how legal to sell a product they do not have, when in EVERY other consumer business, this would be FRAUD:mad::mad::mad:
I only use Alaska Airlines, Or I use Private corporate aircraft on a otherwise empty return flight!

They are allowed to do this to make up for all the cancels and no shows. Anyone who works in the industry can tell you it's very common. It has lead to some who search for flights they are fairly certain will end up over booked and try to get a ticket. They often have no intention of taking the flight. They want to "deal" they know is coming if the flight does over book. This is totally controlled by Fed Gov. The info about it and your "rights" when you buy a ticket are easy to see on line. Few ever bother to read them. That it until this happens. Anyone who wants it changed needs to seek the law makers who set up these rules to change them. Anyone who has bought a ticket has agreed to be bound by these rules, they just did not bother to read them. This guy also was taken off this plane and then got past the people at the gate and ran back on before all this fun started. The Cops there take this pretty seriously for a good reason. They figure anyone who is this out of control on the ground is just as likely to go off while the plane in in the air. At that point someone who can't control his "i'm the most important person in the world" ideas can really become dangerous. It's not hard to find news of planes that are forced to land because someone like this gets enough liquid courage in them to go off in flight. When that happens 100's or thousands of people have their travel plans totally screwed up.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top