JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Shouldn't be that hard to find there are only 2 forested patches (and a lake I guess ha ha) around there. They may have found it already I don't know.

BCF0A992-1791-4074-B092-4DC9B49C79C7.jpeg

Keep an eye out for the kid's shirt too.

(J/k)

Last Edited:
Just saw on sky news in Britain that ntsb is asking people to look for the door in the cedar hills neighborhood. Cedar hills would be earlier than the area I outlined (which was based on where the plane leveled off at 16,000').

I would guess they can zero in on when it came off based on pressure data (according to the blancolirio video posted above).

Last Edited:
Channel 2 news, KATU Portland, was saying 217 and Barnes Rd. area.
Yea they are doing people a disservice Imo by not being specific. At 217 they were way south of Barnes road. They should just show a simple map with the flight path and show where it came off. Barnes road is north of highway 26 and by 217 the plane was well south of highway 26

But ntsb is being vague, saying "please find it" (ie give us all the info), but we will only give you a little info. It's silly. It wouldn't take long atf all to find if they released the info. It mostly residential/commercial in that area with a few parks and fields.

Here is the flight path and google maps screen shot. The red arrows are Bethany lake as a reference point.

83C7F31C-6712-4B61-B39B-7B1A72AB66A0.jpeg
C933579C-C121-417E-8308-7BDF954492BC.jpeg

Sounds like they r having a press conference at 8 pm tonight. Both sheriffs offices say they have had no request to search for the door. Have a strong feeling this ntsb lady is a beurocratic idiot. All they had to do is show a map showing the expected area it is and ask everyone (including police, sheriff, residents to search). I bet it would have been found by 10 am this morning.

I heard they are holding rhe planes that are inspected until they find the door. So airlines are losing millions and passengers are screwed up all because of this lady's incompetence. That's what it looks like to me right now anyway. Subject to change.

Wow sounds like that plane had 3 incidents where pressure warning light came on during previous flights. It's only flown like 175 times since it's basically brand new. Was not certified to fly over water to Hawaii I guess due to the pressurization problem.

I wonder if Alaska airlines is a part of the problem? In the last couple months they had a pilot high on shrooms try to crash a plane carrying 88 people. And they had pilots in training crash into a house in west linn.

One time years ago I flew out of Portland on Alaska on a dash 8. After he started the engines a turbo blew. We had to change planes. Then on that plane as we started to taxi the cabin filled with smoke! The third plane actually worked. Bad quality control or cutting corners methinks.

I wonder if Alaska airlines is a part of the problem? In the last couple months they had a pilot high on shrooms try to crash a plane carrying 88 people.
Here's a really good video covering the background of the pilot who tried to shut down the engines mid-flight:

The channel has lots of great content regarding airline industry accidents and incidents. I'm sure he'll be covering this incident soon.

Sounds like people found 2 cell phones from the plane also. It's thought that this will finally answer that all important question, "will my cellphone survive a drop from 16,000 feet?" :p

They are saying the pressure warnings came on Jan 3 and Jan 4 (also dec 7) and they switched to backup systems. The door came off on Jan 5.

Basically they only flew with that plane where they could return to the airport if there was a problem. They wouldn't let it fly long distance over water. That's crazy, "ah hell let's just keep flying it, and if there is a problem we can always just return to an airport". Kind of like driving an old car that breaks down all the time. Don't drive it too far from home. That's no way to fly. Kinda crazy. They should have grounded it until they found the problem. They are damn lucky people didn't get sucked out.

Last Edited:
I wonder if Alaska airlines is a part of the problem?
Regarding the failure incident, I don't think AA is the problem, airplane is too new. It's 100% on Boeing. The way they outsource everything and let talent go is on them.

However, continuing to fly with the previous pressure alarms.... maybe, that depends if procedures allow that or if AA was taking unapproved risks to keep the aircraft in service.

Bob's house

94EC37D6-68F4-4776-B055-4302E44FFFEE.jpeg
2BD7FA2C-A1CA-424B-98B1-CFAE0F78109B.jpeg

They said one cellphone was found in someone's garden and one was found on the side of the road.

Apparently it still works fine

United found five planes with loose bolts

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR