JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I think it is funny at the gun show, a guy who has been pounding tall boys since 9AM can drunkenly buy a .44magnum revolver at 12pm, no questions asked. But if you reek of marijuana, you will not be sold a gun cause you smell like a federally illegal drug.

To those who believe that guns and drugs should come along - just imagine your family flies on airplane piloted by stoned captain, or yourself having a knee surgery made by loaded surgeon, or your kid is stopped on a road by a pothead cop.

Id rather he be stoned than drunk. In fact, a lot of airline pilots have been busted for flying while intoxicated. Scientific studies have proven that cannabis does not significantly affect coordination unlike alcohol. Maybe its time we get treated like adults and stop having the government control every aspect of our lives? Gun control advocates make a similar argument for banning guns. They say that guns are so easy for children or criminals to get access to that nobody should own one. And how many children have gottem access to their parents firearms and have hurt themselves and others? Therefore, since there is a risk should guns be illegal then too? The Libertarian in me says no.

Id rather he be stoned than drunk. In fact, a lot of airline pilots have been busted for flying while intoxicated. Scientific studies have proven that cannabis does not significantly affect coordination unlike alcohol. Maybe its time we get treated like adults and stop having the government control every aspect of our lives? Gun control advocates make a similar argument for banning guns. They say that guns are so easy for children or criminals to get access to that nobody should own one. And how many children have gottem access to their parents firearms and have hurt themselves and others? Therefore, since there is a risk should guns be illegal then too? The Libertarian in me says no.
Scientific studies done by stoned lab rats? BigGreenLOL.gif
http://faculty.neu.edu.cn/cc/zhangyf/papers/How-to-Lie-with-Statistics.pdf

In my experience of guns shows , shops and private sales , it has been that if one smells of beer or other chemical enhancements ....the sale or trade will be denied as in not completed , till the other party is sober.

As always everyone's experiences or perception of just what really goes on will differ....
Andy

For me, the bigger question is why cannibis use is a disqualification, but opioids that are a major cause of the current drug problem isn't? Using "medical marijuana" would prevent a gun purchase, but "medical heroin" (Vicodin, Percocet, Oxycodone, Fentinol, or even Methadone) does not.
I hate hypocrisy and on the scale of detrimental substances, opioids are far worse.

It is anything but a victimless crime. The Weekley Standard magazine recently did a major article about the effects of marijuana in states where it has been legalized or even decriminalized. Every social problem that humans have increased to near epidemic levels in those states, Homelessness, impaired driving, property crimes, welfare rolls have swelled, child abuse and even other violent crimes like assault and rape have had extreme increases. Recreational drug use of any kind is counter productive to a good society. It has been illustrated and proven over and over in human history. The cost of these issues have far outstripped any tax revenue argument promoted by the advocates.
Bullbubblegum!

In my experience of guns shows , shops and private sales , it has been that if one smells of beer or other chemical enhancements ....the sale or trade will be denied as in not completed , till the other party is sober.

As always everyone's experiences or perception of just what really goes on will differ....
Andy

That varies greatly, I have been to three gun businesses where we made deals and transactions over a bottle of something or after cracking some cold ones.

That varies greatly, I have been to three gun businesses where we made deals and transactions over a bottle of something or after cracking some cold ones.

I did say ...

Again...in case I am not clear...
Everyone has a different experience which can in turn make for a different perspective.

In my experience the transactions between folks at a gun shop or show , have been "above board" and within the lawful requirements ....I would further venture to say that this is true in the majority of transactions.
Andy

I just will never understand 2nd Amendment/Pro-Freedom people who say we must keep marijuana illegal because it can be abused. Well, guess what, guns can be abused and have killed many more people than marijuana. Therefore, all things being equal, using this logic, we must ban guns!!

Like I said, the same people who promoted the drug war (esp war on cannabis) over the years were also big advocates to ban all magazine fed rifles from civilian possession. A few names come to mind, such as Gerald Ford, Ronald Regan, George HW Bush, Rudolph Giuliani and Bill Clinton.

George Washington would be rotting in a federal prison cell today under our current bureaucratic laws and regulations. Where were the DEA, FDA, IRS, ATF to help save our country back in the olden days?

To those who believe that guns and drugs should come along - just imagine your family flies on airplane piloted by stoned captain, or yourself having a knee surgery made by loaded surgeon, or your kid is stopped on a road by a pothead cop.
Tylenol is a drug. Morphine is a legal drug. So is oxy. I fail to see how Pot is say, worse than oxy. I am a Libertarian, so I oppose prohibition, period.

Tylenol is a drug. Morphine is a legal drug. So is oxy. /QUOTE]

And the most abused drug in the US, alcohol, is probably the most physically harmful... because it is a solvent, suitable for cleaning soiled items, removing grease and oils, etc.
So let's not get up on our high horse over peoples' individual mode of relaxation. For a bunch who purport to back the concept of personal liberty, I've never run across a bigger bunch of niggling old women than on this particular thread. Seems like about 2/3 of the posters here want to form their own tyrannical government. Well, the answer to that was "NO" 250 years ago, and it's still the same.
Those who bubblegum the loudest about the dangers of weed smokers owning guns are pretty much the same people who yap the most about the government lying to you about everything, ergo, what makes the government's BS regarding the cannabis use any more truthful?
This should be entertaining.

Could someone fix the tags here? Mods?

Anyway I support ending prohibition 2.0 as it has brought a repeat of Prohibition only without the cool suits and the Mob is largely international.

I just will never understand 2nd Amendment/Pro-Freedom people who say we must keep marijuana illegal because it can be abused. Well, guess what, guns can be abused and have killed many more people than marijuana. Therefore, all things being equal, using this logic, we must ban guns!!

You must have some different guns than I do. None of mine alter my brain chemistry, whereas I believe it is pretty well established that pot does alter brain chemistry. How much and if the alterations are positive or negative is another discussion. Without that link of brain chemistry alteration, I don't see a logical leap from banning pot to banning guns.

You must have some different guns than I do. None of mine alter my brain chemistry, whereas I believe it is pretty well established that pot does alter brain chemistry. How much and if the alterations are positive or negative is another discussion. Without that link of brain chemistry alteration, I don't see a logical leap from banning pot to banning guns.
Your post points out exactly why we are losing gun rights and it's become the trademark of the liberals running the Democratic party. Deflection, backwards logic, and obfuscation - Marks and Alinski would be proud. Banning objects because people can't be trusted to act responsibly with them has been used by dictators and rulers many times in the history of man. Some even get their enemies to agree with them and don't realize they've been played the fool until it's too late.

So what about booze? I don't know the numbers, but I'm willing to bet money that booze kills more people through accidents or health consequences, not to mention alcoholic rage and poor judgement. The feds should just back off and let the states decide.
And if this was still America it would be none of their business in the first place.

@GOG
The states are still gubberment and that is the problem (2 much gubberment 2 involved in our lives 2 expensive) us over here in washington a feeling the states idea of chopping up my second ammendment rights again (2 much gubberment 2 involved in our lives 2 expensive) JMO

For me, the bigger question is why cannibis use is a disqualification, but opioids that are a major cause of the current drug problem isn't? Using "medical marijuana" would prevent a gun purchase, but "medical heroin" (Vicodin, Percocet, Oxycodone, Fentinol, or even Methadone) does not.
I hate hypocrisy and on the scale of detrimental substances, opioids are far worse.

I'd be interested to see the doctors prescription that says "Unlimited amount of opioid's to be used at patients discretion for decades if necessary". Or even a single doctors prescription describing the type of weed to be "prescribed" and its amount and usage/dosing.

Just sayin............

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads