JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So what about booze? I don't know the numbers, but I'm willing to bet money that booze kills more people through accidents or health consequences, not to mention alcoholic rage and poor judgement. The feds should just back off and let the states decide.
And if this was still America it would be none of their business in the first place.

Too bad there isn't a third of option of "The government stays out of people's personal lives." That almost smacks of a free country or something. :p

Govt makes it an all cash business and then takes away thier right to defend themselves. Also remember that not only can you carry a gun on property where liquer and beer is sold and served, you can even legally consune said drinks up to the point of being unable to legally drive.

The alcohol argument is a red herring.........I don't want either a drunk or drug user to have guns. The majority of shootings in the country are behind drugs and most murders are committed while people are under the influence of alcohol, drugs or both. The difference is you can drink a beer without being a drunk. The only reason to use recreational drugs is to get high. That fact alone is reason enough for the seemingly double standard. we have a common response to anti's here that the gun isn't the problem, it is the man behind it........why would any sane person allow a mentally impaired (drunk or drugged) person to have or use a firearm.

Last Edited:
The alcohol argument is a red herring.........I don't want either a drunk or drug user to have guns. The majority of shootings in the country are behind drugs and most murders are committed while people are under the influence of alcohol, drugs or both. The difference is you can drink a beer without being a drunk. The only reason to use recreational drugs is to get high. That fact alone is reason enough for the seemingly double standard. we have a common response to anti's here that the gun isn't the problem, it is the man behind it........why would any sane person allow a mentally impaired (drunk or drugged) person to have or use a firearm.

You remind me of 'Reefer Madness', too bad nobody will kidnap you and get you high, then you could put all that 'hot air' towards a valuable topic, like hating intolerant muslims:eek:

I'm sorry you choose to hate and fear marijuana
I have no problem with the plant.........(the same as a gun).........it is the people that use it that are the problem. I have dealt with more than my share. I had the pleasure of getting several of my troops out of jail after they used it......just long enough to discharge them......and if I ever find an employee using....anytime.....they are immediately fired. There is no reason to accept the liability of having a druggie around. They are absolutely untrustworthy.......a fact further illustrated by mandatory drug testing requirements in trades like truck driving, and in professional pilots where clear thinking is required.

Last Edited:
I frequently struggle with dizziness from low blood pressure in the last years. I won't drive while having the problem......I can't imagine voluntarily taking a drug or excessive alcohol to bring on the effect that I fight so often. It has never made sense to me even when I was young and dumb.

I frequently struggle with dizziness from low blood pressure in the last years. I won't drive while having the problem......I can't imagine voluntarily taking a drug or excessive alcohol to bring on the effect that I fight so often. It has never made sense to me even when I was young and dumb.

I understand, you aren't the first person who hates & fears drugs I have met. My Dad had a panic attack the first time he tried marijuana and he also hated and feared my becoming 'addicted' sans Reefer Madness, no doubt. I have spent more of my years on drugs than not.

I think it's insane for people to keep victimless crimes criminalized, because when that is done only the cartels and pimps make money engaging in it.

You cannot change human nature, people want to buy sex and take drugs. Your only choice is whether these acts are made profitable for the state and take place under safer circumstances, or whether you'd like to see it take place out of sight in a dirty back lot somewhere where a criminal will be getting more money together to buy more stock for his black market operation:eek:

It is anything but a victimless crime. The Weekley Standard magazine recently did a major article about the effects of marijuana in states where it has been legalized or even decriminalized. Every social problem that humans have increased to near epidemic levels in those states, Homelessness, impaired driving, property crimes, welfare rolls have swelled, child abuse and even other violent crimes like assault and rape have had extreme increases. Recreational drug use of any kind is counter productive to a good society. It has been illustrated and proven over and over in human history. The cost of these issues have far outstripped any tax revenue argument promoted by the advocates.

I had an employee that did thousands of dollars of damage while driving a large front-end loader while under the influence of MJ. He had a Medical Marijauna card and never disclosed that he was using. He had passed a pre-employment drug test. Fortunately, no one was injured, but a small building was a total loss. He said he didn't see the building. :rolleyes:

Use of weed can harm others, and responsible use is necessary.

Oh and b
It is anything but a victimless crime. The Weekley Standard magazine recently did a major article about the effects of marijuana in states where it has been legalized or even decriminalized. Every social problem that humans have increased to near epidemic levels in those states, Homelessness, impaired driving, property crimes, welfare rolls have swelled, child abuse and even other violent crimes like assault and rape have had extreme increases. Recreational drug use of any kind is counter productive to a good society. It has been illustrated and proven over and over in human history. The cost of these issues have far outstripped any tax revenue argument promoted by the advocates.

I wasn't just speaking of marijuana, I mean All victimless crimes--If you don't legalize them that just means you are giving all that money & power/control away to a cartel, pimp or black marketeer--

Free the Plants

I had an employee that did thousands of dollars of damage while driving a large front-end loader while under the influence of MJ. He had a Medical Marijauna card and never disclosed that he was using. He had passed a pre-employment drug test. Fortunately, no one was injured, but a small building was a total loss. He said he didn't see the building. :rolleyes:

Use of weed can harm others, and responsible use is necessary.

Perhaps next time you'll use a more reliable manner of drug testing, instead of trying to save a few bucks:eek:

We did use a very reliable drug testing lab. The employee was clean when we hired him. He got the card over a year later.

We learned to do random drug tests from this incident.

Smoke another joint and chill, dude. ;)

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads