JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Some insurance companies consider a storage unit the same as your residence so thusly you would be covered for any loss. If you are going to store a firearm in one of them I would make sure it was a climate controlled one or your gun would rust a bunch. I think a better idea for storing a gun is to store it at a friends house. Get a hard case and put some extra things in there also, such as a change of clothes, a bit of money, etc.. This would be a good bug out backup plan also.
He wanted to store them at my house but I thought that's illegal now?

I read somewhere that some people use pawnshops to store their items. The theory was it was cheaper to pay the interest than to rent someplace to store their items. Watching Pawn Stars I wonder about this. Chumlee is probably close to a typical pawn shop employee, or is he? Most I have ever seen fit more the outlaw biker image.

And while perhaps not at your dad's facility, but every storage unit where I've ever rented had the cheapest locks for sale, built to look tough.

Every storage unit place I have rented in the past 5-6 years has required the use of shrouded disc lock that can not be cut off using bolt cutters.

Not all facilities are equal. I seek places with on-site, live-in managers/security, individual alarmed units (false alarms are expensive because they are on it) and of course 24hr cameras.

I agree but its not me and this is the situation. Very temporary, maybe a week. I'm not worried about it but was just curious as this type of situation could come up a lot for others moving and what not.

Too bad you don't have a trusted friend with some spare space in his safe. I know when we moved, I personally took care of my collection....with great care. The very first thing that got moved was my safe, bolted to the floor, and the collection promptly put inside.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top