JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I agree but its not me and this is the situation. Very temporary, maybe a week. I'm not worried about it but was just curious as this type of situation could come up a lot for others moving and what not.

Take apart the gun and hide in diff places (old fish tank, tool box, fishing pole holders, "greasy shirts/socks"....get creative)....make 'em work....I also would NOT leave ones your not willing to lose.

Be creative.

Hardened chain $20, cable hoop/stringer, maybe some 50lb weights. Etc. Hide 'em behind dirty laundry, and don't let anyone see you bringing them in (the less folk know...).

If it's just a week (or 4), and no one has theft issues at the units. Then yeah, just sneak 'me in there.

My dad use to buy auctioned off storage units all the time, he scored plenty of guns, that was California and WA can't suck worse that CA, can it?

Now a days any guns or personal papers found in an auctioned unit need to be turned in to the office/police.

Used to try auctions, never had any luck with them though, then the bidding went super crazy after those TV shows.

Ha!! You guys have great ideas, but I really was just wondering about the legalities, and really just more curios than concerned.:D

My dad owns a storage unit facility..... I can tell you its a very bad idea to leave anything you care about in a storage unit. If you have to put it in one, buy a quality lock. 90% of the break ins we see the units stand out because they had an inferior lock.

My dad owns a storage unit facility..... I can tell you its a very bad idea to leave anything you care about in a storage unit. If you have to put it in one, buy a quality lock. 90% of the break ins we see the units stand out because they had an inferior lock.
And while perhaps not at your dad's facility, but every storage unit where I've ever rented had the cheapest locks for sale, built to look tough.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top