JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
You know you still have to pay for that, and we're sorry, your health plan doesn't cover treatment for real issues. Consult your local gun store for more treatment options.

Making a good shot is kinda like a "high" for me...
My friend Dave and I used to challenge each other to hit that odd colored small rock , small bit of clay bird , dead leaf etc...at a decent distance...one shot , hit it or lose...hunting conditions , no bench , out in the weather...it really sharpened my shooting skills...

The act of shooting well is very exciting and calming to me at the same time...not to forget to mention the fun of the bragging rights when you pull off a excellent shot.
Andy

I get out to the range with my friends now and I admit I am really bad. If I make a good shot I look around to see who saw it then I can feel really good someone did see it.:) I used to have self pride out hunting and making a good shot but now days I make so few good ones I hope somebody sees them.:confused:

Plus now days I get a thrill showing off a new to me handgun or rifle.:D

There is a thing for me that goes back to being a kid in the 60's I remember packing getting all my gadgets together to go, that and boy-scouts was always just as much fun setting up and the whole experience. Flash forward, I enjoy fine tuning cleaning and setting up firearms. I am a meticulous to the point some OCD I think. And then there is the actual shooting, I prefer outdoors nature that whole thing they smell of gun powder in the air is sweet. Nothing like taking a new gun out as well that seems to be the biggest fun is new toy smell :). I aways have been a good shot even back with my 760 Crossman in the 70's. I think one could write a book on how fun they can be.

I'm on a pretty good high man...

Shot a colt detective special and a 1903 hammerless for the first time today. I really like the revolver. ALSO, Savage 1907 was pretty fun (I prefer that over the hammerless TBH) and of course my Sig MK25.

My father and I will be shooting the .455 where we can more easily save our brass. We were satisfied for today tho, don't want to overdose! ;)

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews