JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Did you know, that your brain released the same chemical dopamine when target shooting/Competition and hunting? The human brain also increased testosterone as well when doing this.
The synapses in our brains goes into overdrive and you use more brain and motor skills while hunting then you do driving a car. Serotonin is used to transmit messages between nerve cells, it is thought to be active in constricting smooth muscles, and it contributes to wellbeing and happiness, among other things. So why one main have a rush of adrenaline, one is also triggering Dopamine and Balancing serotonin. So one feels a satisfaction, well being and excitement all why engaging in firearms sports. The difference in a shoot our is Cortisol is released as well as dopamine and causes stress. But using it as sport actually does the same as using many drugs.

Heroine, cocaine, methamphetamine all release similar chemicals to sport shooting and hunting, but instead of a controlled balance its a overload and over use of these chemicals that may yield a high, but a severe unbalance and crash after words.

Those of you that know me, know I worked as a supervisor at a Drug Rehab facility years ago so pretty much know this stuff. But upon my own research I found people using firearms for pleasure sports are better then any drug and with no side effects.

( JOKE, so we don't need more rehab facilities we need more shooting ranges :) )

Did you know, that your brain released the same chemical dopamine when target shooting/Competition and hunting? The human brain also increased testosterone as well when doing this.
The synapses in our brains goes into overdrive and you use more brain and motor skills while hunting then you do driving a car. Serotonin is used to transmit messages between nerve cells, it is thought to be active in constricting smooth muscles, and it contributes to wellbeing and happiness, among other things. So why one main have a rush of adrenaline, one is also triggering Dopamine and Balancing serotonin. So one feels a satisfaction, well being and excitement all why engaging in firearms sports. The difference in a shoot our is Cortisol is released as well as dopamine and causes stress. But using it as sport actually does the same as using many drugs.

Heroine, cocaine, methamphetamine all release similar chemicals to sport shooting and hunting, but instead of a controlled balance its a overload and over use of these chemicals that may yield a high, but a severe unbalance and crash after words.

Those of you that know me, know I worked as a supervisor at a Drug Rehab facility years ago so pretty much know this stuff. But upon my own research I found people using firearms for pleasure sports are better then any drug and with no side effects.

( JOKE, so we don't need more rehab facilities we need more shooting ranges :) )
Im pretty sure firearms are a more serious addiction then cocaine. :rolleyes: One of those things leaves me consistently broke and starving:confused:

Im pretty sure firearms are a more serious addiction then cocaine. :rolleyes: One of those things leaves me consistently broke and starving:confused:

You need to go the the weekly FA, Firearms Anonymous, The first step is to recognize you have a problem the second step is to give me your firearms so they're not a temptation, after all we don't want you relapsing ;).

You can do it just one mag at a time.... hehe

You need to go the the weekly FA, Firearms Anonymous, The first step is to recognize you have a problem the second step is to give me your firearms so they're not a temptation, after all we don't want you relapsing ;).

You can do it just one mag at a time.... hehe
not sure what your experience is but telling an addict gimme your stash usually ends with a no... as im currently saving to get more:D its one family that never has problems

not sure what your experience is but telling an addict gimme your stash usually ends with a no... as im currently saving to get more:D its one family that never has problems

?u=http%3A%2F%2Fruneatrepeat.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2016%2F08%2Ftacos-dont-make-you-fat.jpg

Other things produce similar hormonal responses like parachuting, base jumping, rappelling, mountain climbing, and can add significant adrenaline to the mix. When you get used to it, adrenaline sharpens the mind but prolonged exposure can be very damaging to the body.
My observation is also that shooting guns works as an aphrodisiac for women. :)

Other things produce similar hormonal responses like parachuting, base jumping, rappelling, mountain climbing, and can add significant adrenaline to the mix. When you get used to it, adrenaline sharpens the mind but prolonged exposure can be very damaging to the body.
My observation is also that shooting guns works as an aphrodisiac for women. :)
:p:rolleyes::rolleyes::D

I figured as much. I think I mentioned this in the "what you like about firearms thread".
You did ? Hmm great minds didnt recall seeing that, but hey mind is slipping well
then maybe it sublimated a response for me to write this, something I have know along
long time. But hey great minds think alike I am just sick of all this negative posting all over the internet trying to make thing positive where I can.

I hear that! I'm just saying that I get a lot more gratification from firearms than I ever did from drinking, plus no hangover! It's great!

I am getting old. No .... I am old. It has taken me a very long time to realize and understand this. Denial is not a river in Egypt. My daily walking routine has reached the point that at the start everything hurts. Midway through the one hour hard walk the burn maxes out.

Then a strange and wonderful thing happens. The burn just goes away. My stride lengthens. My pace stabilizes then strengthens. It is like somebody gave me a great big dose of something illegal. Guess what ... the runners high. Yep. It exists. Even for Old Coots like me. :)

Is it better than the rush doing a full 30 round mag dump with my M2 Carbine? Dunno. Close.

All Oregon State Laws, US Code Laws And BATFE and NFA Laws And Rules Apply.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top