JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Firearms ownership has absolutely nothing to do with mental health. If that is the method of choice, then that's what what they will chose! Or by Cop, jumping off high places, pills, or whatever manor of choice. Also a failed attempt doesn't mean that they won't make another attempt in a different manor, or success in the same way. When they find a way of treating mental illness instead of banning the use of a tool that they accomplished it with, then I believe they will be on the path of a cure.

HERE ARE SOME INTERESTING FACTS.. but
NO ONE DOES ANYTHING ABOUT THIS ..
MAYBE WE SHOULD OUTLAW CARS OR CELL PHONES..
OR BETTER YET. MAKE DRIVERS GET A BACKGROUND CHECK AND A MENTAL HEATH EVALUATION BEFORE THEY GET A DRIVERS LICENSE
2013 U.S. Cell Phone and Driving Statistics. In 2013,3,154 people were killed in distraction-related crashes. About 424,000 people were injured in crashes involving a distracted driver. In 2013, 10% of all drivers ages 15 to 19 involved in fatal accidents were reported to be distracted at the time of the crash.

That doesn't have a firearms connection, it far surpasses more than any firearms ban. No histerial or reasonable way to blame the car or the driver except an after effect ticket. Oh yeah, really serves to stop accidents, just like having one more drink to steady your weaving!

Funny, my 70 Challenger R/T 440 is FAR more dangerous then a gun, yet in all the years since it was built and the 45000 miles I have put on it, It has yet to kill! Strange ain't it, one of those " Killer Muscle Cars" from the 60's and 70's that were supposed to be death traps and it has yet to kill any thing other then bugs!
I had one of those!

Tobacco. For the numbers nothing else comes close. Nothing else kills quite like it does, and in exceptionally nasty and slow ways too.

But "gun violence" makes for so much juicier headlines and offers so much more chance for control of the peons by our "betters".

Firearms ownership has absolutely nothing to do with mental health. If that is the method of choice, then that's what what they will chose! Or by Cop, jumping off high places, pills, or whatever manor of choice. Also a failed attempt doesn't mean that they won't make another attempt in a different manor, or success in the same way. When they find a way of treating mental illness instead of banning the use of a tool that they accomplished it with, then I believe they will be on the path of a cure.
It has a lot to do with mental health. Everytime a nut case shoots and kills people, the g
It has a lot to do with mental illness. fifty percent are mentally ill and the other fifty is a mix of hatred, and enimes of U.S. Yet, we honest ciltizens are the only ones to suffer, with constant attempts at taking away our guns. Yet, Criminals are never called into the authroriltus to give up their guns. I wonder why??? Oh I know why, because their CRIMINALS! Only lawabiding people will put up with this crap. That's why the fed and local governments are trying to hurt honest citizens that have guns.

1. On a nationwide basis skin cancer kills more people than homicide or accident related to guns.
2. Being the subject of current state of "red flag" laws which allow confiscation of firearms without due process will make surely make one want to commit suicide if they didn't already.
3. The progressives all want old white men dead anyway. So what's the harm in them having as many firearms as they want.

Funny, my 70 Challenger R/T 440 is FAR more dangerous then a gun, yet in all the years since it was built and the 45000 miles I have put on it, It has yet to kill! Strange ain't it, one of those " Killer Muscle Cars" from the 60's and 70's that were supposed to be death traps and it has yet to kill any thing other then bugs!
That's because you don't let me drive it! Darn selfish of you too!

So 4 million+ population as of 2014....2300 "gun violence deaths"

Thats less than a quarter percent....:rolleyes:
Something's wrong with your math … Ooh I see it now. You tried to figure the annual rate using 'Nearly' 2300, but the 2300 was over a fourteen year period so lets see here 2300 divided by 14 equals 164.2857142857143 ….. lets just call it 165 then divide that by 4,000,000 equals .00004125 or as a percentage .004125% as a annualized percentage, 'Nearly'.

Okay same thing only more dramatic.

The good folks in Salem only care about control and money. Welcoming the folks that aren't supposed to be here, knowing that that they will vote Demo when they are unconstitutionality given ballots, and paying for their defense when they demonstrate they can't play well is one way of maintaing control. The only reason they legalized weed is for the dollars it was to bring in. Speaking of suicide, the lottery is a big reason many choose to end it all. If any other recreational activity caused the ruining of lives as much as the video betting does it would be shut down in a heartbeat. But it brings in dollars.
Free thinking people are a real threat to them.

>>>The majority of those deaths were by suicide

Sixty percent of men who die by suicide use a firearm, so it's something we need to get our hands around and figure out in trying to prevent suicide
>>>

Where there's a will there's a way - personally, I'd rather have them leave in the privacy of their home than involve other people by jumping in front of a train or my moving vehicle...

it's something we need to get our hands around and figure out in trying to prevent suicide

Not sure we can do anything to prevent suicide that we are not already doing... there is outreach, suicide hot lines, counseling for this n that... people get tired of pain and they want to go... telling them it will pass doesn't seem to help... So when they wanna go, they go. It's hard on loved ones left behind is all. Otherwise, let 'em go.

There are way more guns than cars in Oregon yet cars cause way more deaths. Yet I still see cars with all of those evil features, soup can mufflers, factory rated 700hp, race track ready Lambo's, Ferrari's, Corvettes, Mustangs, etc. So why again are guns evil?
dont forget the chevy volt and the toyota prius. i swear the majority of the cars being fixed at my works body shop are those two

It has a lot to do with mental health. Everytime a nut case shoots and kills people, the g

It has a lot to do with mental illness. fifty percent are mentally ill and the other fifty is a mix of hatred, and enimes of U.S. Yet, we honest ciltizens are the only ones to suffer, with constant attempts at taking away our guns. Yet, Criminals are never called into the authroriltus to give up their guns. I wonder why??? Oh I know why, because their CRIMINALS! Only lawabiding people will put up with this crap. That's why the fed and local governments are trying to hurt honest citizens that have guns.
Gun owners are specially treated. You over look such things as bomber, motor vehicles, chemicals that are toxic. None are treated in the same weight, and they it's more politically correct to attack guns and gun owners. We are the only country in the world that has a Constitution with a second amendment that shall not be infringed. It is constantly attacked by those who want to see us controlled. It isn't going to happen! A lot of similarities with these people who go off center. Mostly over looked, or ignored. Even some that suffer from mental issues or PTSD, that never become a threat. It don't buy the gun did it!

Stop all the illegals crossing the border and sending them to "Sanctuary cities!"
Stop the ALL drugs coming in to this country, PERIOD!
Crush the Gangs!
Mandate force institutionalization of mental cases!
Provide treatment for mental health and drug addiction!
Provide a working solution to affordable health care!
Remove all unconstitutional gun laws, disband the BATFE, remove the NFA!
National Reciprocity, constitutional carry ZERO restrictions on how when or were!
Remove the Tax burden of all the pork belly programs!
You can't stop drugs from coming into the country, any more than you could stop guns if guns were banned. We need to address the issues that lead people into using drugs.
The same is true for mental health. Better treatment is needed, but addressing the causes is a better long term solution.
Affordable health care is only possible through a truly free market. Get the government out of health care completely.
Thumbs up on disbanding the BATFE and repealing the NFA and all Federal gun laws.
Thumbs up on cutting Federal spending to the point of surplus and start paying down the national debt. Eliminate the income tax, and the Federal Reserve.
The answers to all of these issues is a return to a strict Constitutional government, and a return to God. When we abandoned those, we began to lose our country and our souls.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews