JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Hey just like that study I found the methodology of before where they only sampled 1000 people across the nation again. Reminder thats not enough and totally misrepresenting the actual national interest.
I'm not a statistics expert, so I'd have do more reading to see if there are better models, but theoretically, 1000 samples are enough to obtain a confidence interval of 3%. I admit, an average of 20 people per US state seems like a very small sample.

It doesn't take but a couple of school shootings to turn the emphasis from gangs and drugs to law abiding gun owners.o_O

I did address the issue.
People claim "gun violence" is a major problem
The real problem is GANG violence which far and away is committed by ethnic minorities, upon other minority people. Look at Chicago this past weekend. How many of those shooters and/or victims were white? How about Asian? However, to point that out gets you called racist and the rather feckless reporting class we have fears that more than anything so, they call it "gun violence" and use their preferred stereotype of white males to represent this "problem". School/mass shootings are actually quite rare but the news sensationalizes it and keeps it in their headlines for extended periods to help further their disarmament agenda.
ETA: When they control the language, they control the narrative.

I'm not say "YOU" GWS, I'm saying just what you are saying. They don't control sh!t, except in their delusional minds.

I figure those 'polls' are like, and worth, the 1st 5 seconds of this video..
Like the one poll that went like this, Do you still beat your children? Answer that one and tell me how that works for ya.. or the infamous, Are you still having sexual relations with your mother/father? Poll outcomes depend on how anything is phrased. IMHO they're worth ZIP-NADA-ZERO

Dan

I'm not a statistics expert, so I'd have do more reading to see if there are better models, but theoretically, 1000 samples are enough to obtain a confidence interval of 3%. I admit, an average of 20 people per US state seems like a very small sample.

Imagine if that same 20 per state was the be all end all of your rights/voting voice. Basically the bank roll here is to get someone whose not going to really look deep beyond whats projected on screen and feel sensationalism or maybe from a facebook post rant shared across networks as sort of a "SEE THE NUMBERS DON'T LIE!!". If I wasn't lazy and just getting off work I would link to a previous thread in which 1k were cold called around the state to = a big % sometime last year after another unfortunate shooting and gun control being on the table in the form of a TV dinner, the survey was conducted by a school of some sort iirc and produced similar results. I want to say I also half assed a % of the population of Oregon mixed with registered CHL holders as voters vs non and the % was rather low for those in favor of gun control. Vocal minority sort of thing.

To be more precise you would want something akin to what you find at exiting polls come voting season sampled across the US vs cold calls, not much good vetting in random calls placed to be fair and I wanna say in statistics 1000 is rather small (when placed against say a population density the size of a state or several). 10,000 would be more fair 100,000 within specifics and 1,000,000 to get a better count. Also not factored in is if say all 1008 selected at "random" weren't double called within the same day or back to back via clerical errors at the collection site. I've had polling lines from various "backgrounds" contacting me back in 2016 for my selections. Usually give bogus info or just hang up. Assuming they have some weird criteria for screening individuals and a contingency upon hang ups or people saying don't call me again.

Found my aforementioned link to similar polling survey conducted by the quinnipiac university which out of 1,249 people across the nation it resulted in 67% in favor of gun control for the ENTIRE US. Oregon - IP 43 Dead, Dead, Dead

tl;dr inflate poll numbers by sampling smaller < 1000 = % to put on blast for sensationalism in skewed spoon fed induced opinion. Also stop getting memory hole'd NWFA!

Last Edited:
Polls?

After hill-a-ree was repeatedly shown to be absolutely, guaranteed the Presidential winner per polling and yet some people still pay attention to polls?

Yeah and your check is in the mail along with will you buy me a hamburger today and I will gladly pay you Tuesday?

Polls, why of course I find them credible - maybe when dinosaurs roamed the earth...

I did address the issue.
People claim "gun violence" is a major problem
The real problem is GANG violence which far and away is committed by ethnic minorities, upon other minority people. Look at Chicago this past weekend. How many of those shooters and/or victims were white? How about Asian? However, to point that out gets you called racist and the rather feckless reporting class we have fears that more than anything so, they call it "gun violence" and use their preferred stereotype of white males to represent this "problem". School/mass shootings are actually quite rare but the news sensationalizes it and keeps it in their headlines for extended periods to help further their disarmament agenda.
ETA: When they control the language, they control the narrative.
Despite all of the anti-gun laws in Chicago, violence is ever present, especially when the weather turns nice. No surprise to any of us.

A group chronicles the Chicago violence, sorts & analyses the data and displays running tallies on a website www.heyjackass.com Take a look! If it weren't so serious, the way they display some data could be considered humorous - the 'bubblegum-O-Meter' and 'Junk-O-Meter' are two of my favs.

Bottom line, until city administrators and politicians are willing to engage in and recognize legitimate issues through a cause and effects analysis to find and address the root cause of the problem of violence nothing will change. To simply add new gun control laws is like putting a band aid on a severed jugular vein and expecting the bleeding to stop. It won't.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top