JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I went to a pawn shop today just looking around. Saw a hand gun in the store lady ask if she can help me I ask to see that gun lol she uses key unlocked the display case and just hand's it to me lol the first thing I do is drop the Mag and rack the slide back and lock it in open position and put my finger in the barrel .and look in the chamber .She ask if I would like a small flash light to lol .I say nope I'm just making sure it's not loaded I didn't really say anything else but now I'm thinking I should have said something to her

So I went to a pawn shop today just looking around. Saw a hand gun in the store lady ask if she can help me I ask to see that gun lol she uses key unlocked the display case and just hand's it to me lol the first thing I do is drop the Mag and rack the slide back and lock it in open position and put my finger in the barrel .and look in the chamber .She ask if I would like a small flash light to lol .I say nope I'm just making sure it's not loaded I didn't really say anything else but now I'm thinking I should have said something to her

She sounds like either someone who has never been really trained in how to handle firearms or not real bright. Maybe both. That is very scary that an employee would act like that.

She sounds like either someone who has never been really trained in how to handle firearms or not real bright. Maybe both. That is very scary that an employee would act like that.
I think it's more like she hadn't been trained because I bought the gun and she had too have the guy come over to do the paper work but YES SCARY I think I was surprised at the time that's why I didn't say something but now I'm home thinking about it and regret not telling her to check the gun before handing it to someone mmmmmm

Now it's really bothering me lol the more I think about it.I know some people don't know how to handle guns but that person should not have the key to the gun display case .lol I have been told before by people that don't handle guns why are you not afraid of that gun .I just say no reason to be afraid of the gun if you know how to handle it .FRIST THING IS MAKE SURE IT'S NOT LOADED AND EVEN THEN TREAT IT LIKE IT IS .

Not too late...you might prevent a tragedy.
If done right, your kind advice should be thankfully received. Most likely, as you say, she hasn't been trained. Doesn't mean she doesn't want to do it correctly.

Not too late...you might prevent a tragedy.
If done right, your kind advice should be thankfully received. Most likely, as you say, she hasn't been trained. Doesn't mean she doesn't want to do it correctly.
YEP I'm thinking of going back there tomorrow and say something to them I kinda like going there so I don't want to be that guy but it might have to happen because it's bothering me so much I put it on here

I would have. FOR SURE....If anyone at a store (or anyone for that matter) tries to hand me a gun I ALWAYS make THEM clear it first before I begin my process of making sure its clear.....What just happened to you is how people get "accidently" shot....

I would have. FOR SURE....If anyone at a store (or anyone for that matter) tries to hand me a gun I ALWAYS make THEM clear it first before I begin my process of making sure its clear.....What just happened to you is how people get "accidently" shot....
Like I said it kinda caught me off guard I'm so used to going to gun shops where they don't even have the Mag's in the gun this one had Mag in and just handed over to me

OK thanks I'm done worrying about it tonight but I'm going back to talk to the owner or management tomarow because I go there all the time so this could be me that gets shot in the A$$ one day

true story: a friend and i were at an underage drinking party when we were teenagers, some dummy pulls out a pistol and starts pointin it around and sayinng oh dont worry its unloaded... my buddy calmly asks to see the pistol... opens the slide and guess what comes out? IMAGINE THAT. next thing i know that kid is on the ground with a bloody nose screamin like a howler monkey and me and my buddy leave. he returned the gun a few days later when the kids parents were home... drove by and set it on the front porch in a box.

dunno if the gun belonged to the kid or the parents but shame on them if they left it out in the open when they were out of town. just my opinion

I got a similar story but no bloody nose lol my friend comes to my house with his maverick88 12 GA shotgun hands me the case and the first thing I do is rack the pump and a loaded shell fly out I do it again another and another and another I'm like WTF dude

true story: a friend and i were at an underage drinking party when we were teenagers, some dumbfk pulls out a pistol and starts pointin it around and sayinng oh dont worry its unloaded... my buddy calmly asks to see the pistol... opens the slide and guess what comes out? IMAGINE THAT. next thing i know that kid is on the ground with a bloody nose screamin like a howler monkey and me and my buddy leave. he returned the gun a few days later when the kids parents were home... drove by and set it on the front porch in a box.

dunno if the gun belonged to the kid or the parents but shame on them if they left it out in the open when they were out of town. just my opinion

I also have a similar story posted here somewhere on the great NWFA, except my brothers buddy put the gun to his head and pulled the trigger. Dudes no longer alive....Somewhere around 10 or people witnessed it, including my bro....

Ill see if I can find the thread

I also have a similar story posted here somewhere on the great NWFA, except my brothers buddy put the gun to his head and pulled the trigger. Dudes no longer alive....Somewhere around 10 or people witnessed it, including my bro....
I won't hit the like button on that one because I have a similar story but nobody died and I was the person with the gun cheap .25 caliber Raven arm's Saturday night special I accidentally shot my step brother that 's when I really got it all guns are loaded I was 14 he was 12 just a few stitches thank god those guns where not accurate

I won't hit the like button on that one because I have a similar story but nobody died and I was the person with the gun cheap .25 caliber Raven arm's Saturday night special I accidentally shot my step brother that 's when I really got it all guns are loaded I was 14 he was 12 just a few stitches thank god those guns where not accurate

Found the thread.....post#7.....

Another Sad Story: Unsafe Gun Handling Leads to Death

At least my 17yr old bro had the smarts....

Now I'm so crazy about this at my house every time I take a gun out of my safe I check it and the check it again when I go with my nephew and other people I'm always saying check this don't do this do this but but hopefully they will learn

And its reasons like that Im on my game around other people when guns are being handled. I DON'T TRUST ANYBODY but myself.

Well I actually shouldnt say that. There are a few exceptions. But those exceptions have proven to me that I have no worries because we've shot and handled guns together and theyre just as anal as me.....

On a personal note, I dont know that Id just go in there tomorrow and start telling them what to do. Rather, next time you do go there simply and calmly walk them through the process. If you go back in all agitated they my take offense to that and get defensive, then nothing gets solved cause you get the label as a know it all or a dik....just sayn

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top