JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
On a personal note, I dont know that Id just go in there tomorrow and start telling them what to do. Rather, next time you do go there simply and calmly walk them through the process. If you go back in all agitated they my take offense to that and get defensive, then nothing gets solved cause you get the label as a know it all or a dik....just sayn
Nope not going to do that I'm just going to give advice very nice and very calm HEHEH like I said I go there all the time the lady I have never delt with before I know pawn shop 's are ify there is so much different stuff passing through there but I buy lots of stuff from pawn shop 's because you can get good deals on some stuff I go to them all the time

Nope not going to do that I'm just going to give advice very nice and very calm HEHEH like I said I go there all the time the lady I have never felt with before I know pawn shop 's are ify there is so much different stuff passing through there but I buy lots of stuff from pawn shop 's because you can get good deals on some stuff I go to them all the time

Pawn shops should definitely be at the top of your paranoid meter. Dont let em catch you "off guard". If they're in the biz of selling guns they should know how to handle em. Next time your there make them clear the weapon before handing it over. You have no idea if some tweaker snuck a round into a mag or chamber...

Pawn shops should definitely be at the top of your paranoid meter. Dont let em catch you "off guard". If they're in the biz of selling guns they should know how to handle em. Next time your there make them clear the weapon before handing it over. You have no idea if some tweaker snuck a round into a mag or chamber...
That's what I was thinking after I walked out how many people handle that gun before me.

So what did you buy? Where's the pics? did you get a good deal?. We gots to know!:D
Kimber 1911 I'll post pictures later with every gun I buy I have to wait I get delayed every time as for a deal not really I looked at two others same gun at different shops they all were between 700 and 800 the one for 700 was well used

WHAT hell I wanted a 1911 it's one of those guns you have to have lol even that guy Andy with all the old guns has one HEHEH

Had a similar experience at a newly opened LGS about a year ago. Clerks handed me MULTIPLE handguns, and NEVER checked a single one. They also swept me on more than one occasion. The last straw for me (as if being swept with an uncleared pistol wasn't enough) was when one of the pistols I was handling "fired" every time I racked the slide:eek:

I left the shop, but called and spoke with the owner the next day to let him know of my concerns, and that I'd never visit again if I heard the behavior hadn't been corrected. He thanked me, and I have heard of many positive stories about that shop since.

I used to catch some grief from some customers at the pawn shop I worked at.
When someone wanted to see a gun , I would first clear and check the action / remove the magazine etc ...
Some of the comments were interesting to say the least.

Oh well ... it was nice to "learn" new gun handling tips from folks who "knew" waaaay more than me , and weren't afraid to let anyone know it....:eek::confused::rolleyes::D
Andy

true story: a friend and i were at an underage drinking party when we were teenagers, some dummy pulls out a pistol and starts pointin it around and sayinng oh dont worry its unloaded... my buddy calmly asks to see the pistol... opens the slide and guess what comes out? IMAGINE THAT. next thing i know that kid is on the ground with a bloody nose screamin like a howler monkey and me and my buddy leave. he returned the gun a few days later when the kids parents were home... drove by and set it on the front porch in a box.

dunno if the gun belonged to the kid or the parents but shame on them if they left it out in the open when they were out of town. just my opinion

I wanna know more about the howler monkey! Personally I think you did the right thing. You may have just saved his life and the life of someone else at that party.

On the up side the two pawn shops in Bend I frequent have pretty knowledgeable people - they always display safety and check guns before handing them over. It appears though they have certain 'dedicated' people who just deal with guns.

I wanna know more about the howler monkey! Personally I think you did the right thing. You may have just saved his life and the life of someone else at that party.
i hope we did. we were young kids back then, im not sure what that dude is up to. i prob couldnt even tell ya who he is.

I used to catch some grief from some customers at the pawn shop I worked at.
When someone wanted to see a gun , I would first clear and check the action / remove the magazine etc ...
Some of the comments were interesting to say the least.

Oh well ... it was nice to "learn" new gun handling tips from folks who "knew" waaaay more than me , and weren't afraid to let anyone know it....:eek::confused::rolleyes::D
Andy

Ahhh.... Now we know what put Andy on the path on the darkside of black powder..... One too many people handed him loaded weapons at the pawn shop :p

I was in the local pawn shop a couple months ago where i have gotten to know the owner pretty well. A gal comes in to pawn a gun (don't know if it was hers or her husbands) and the first thing the owner does is rack the slide.... Sure enough a live round pops out. He gives me a look like "yeah, my job is to deal with dumb azzes all day". He makes a polite comment to the gal about it not being safe to hand over a loaded weapon like that.... She gets the deer in the headlights look... He told me later that scenario plays out at least once a month.

Now it's really bothering me lol the more I think about it.I know some people don't know how to handle guns but that person should not have the key to the gun display case .lol I have been told before by people that don't handle guns why are you not afraid of that gun .I just say no reason to be afraid of the gun if you know how to handle it .FRIST THING IS MAKE SURE IT'S NOT LOADED AND EVEN THEN TREAT IT LIKE IT IS .
It is always startling to me when I go to a gun store to look at a gun and the attendant doesn't know how to handle them properly. With non-revolver pistols I always drop the mag, pull back the slide, check the safety, and check the chamber. Revolvers I pull out the cylinder and double check for anything stuck in the barrel. Shotguns I lock back the slide (if possible), check the safety, and check the chamber and magazine, and double check the barrel. Semi-auto rifles with external mags I pull out the magazine, check the chamber, check the barrel, and check the safety. Semi-auto rifles with internal clips I check the chamber, lock back the slide (if possible), check the clip and check the barrel. Bolt-action rifles I remove the bolt, check the magazine (or clip if internal) check the chamber, check the barrel, and check the safety. I have actually had to tell a few attendants at Cabela's and Sportsman's that thy should always check the gun and lock it in safe before handing it to the customer. Stores! - teach your attendants proper gun safety!!!

What about being muzzle swept by another patron. I was at a LGS a couple of weeks ago and was offering advice to a guy about carry holsters and such. He was there to pick up his G26 that had some new sites installed. As we're talking I realize I'm looking down the barrel of his pistol. I politely said "Hey man, you're sweeping me here". He replies "But the slide is locked back". I told him it doesn't matter, to which he pointed it in a safe direction. Come to find out, he was a former LEO. :rolleyes:

People seem to be even more clueless about muzzle sweep in a gun store.
I like to remind folks that no one has ever been accidentally shot with a loaded gun.

Well I went back to get the gun the other day different guy got it from the back I don't know if he checked it back there but I checked it when he gave it too me

So what did you buy? Where's the pics? did you get a good deal?. We gots to know!:D
IMAG1179.jpg IMAG1176.jpg IMAG1180.jpg

It's a Kimber TACTICAL CUSTOM HD II went to Range today and ran about 200 rounds of target ammo through it works great IMAG1185.jpg pretty cheap ammo got 300 rounds for hundred bucks I order some good ammo from cheaper than dirt but it has not got here yet I also ordered some new grips these are stock there OK but going to try other things

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top