JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Now we can see the end game and how easy it will be to cut us off in a "national emergency".. the wise are prepared long before such a time

Works for me. In fact let's let that 95% stay off work permanently. They've done too much damage already.

I hope you understand that anyone considered "non essential" don't really have anything to do with running the government, they aren't the ones causing "damage". They are going to be the sorts of people that keep our national parks clean, build the trails we all love to hike on, and keep the roads open to our favorite shooting spots in the mountains.

(granted there probably are some useless positions among the non-essential)

I hope you understand that anyone considered "non essential" don't really have anything to do with running the government, they aren't the ones causing "damage". They are going to be the sorts of people that keep our national parks clean, build the trails we all love to hike on, and keep the roads open to our favorite shooting spots in the mountains.

(granted there probably are some useless positions among the non-essential)

Two words: Private Sector

I hope you understand.

I thought it was 3 days and if no answer you can take possession of it.

This is how the law reads. However Oregon's own state police agency does not make dealers aware of this. In the end, I think the dealer should be responsible enough to know and understand the laws regarding sales. Unless there is something I missed somewhere, I do understand NICS allows transfer of a firearm after 3 days of waiting without a NO answer.

So you'd rather have national parks, BLM, and federal land in control of NGOs?

Oh Fedzilla can make the rules and provide oversight, just let efficient organizations run the operations. Private sector parks management companies provide a better service at less cost. Why pay for all that bureaucratic overhead, over the top salaries, PERS?

Government screws up almost everything that we allow them to get their filthy claws into. They've run us into the ground and it's time to cut them to the bone.

Oh Fedzilla can make the rules and provide oversight, just let efficient organizations run the operations. Private sector parks management companies provide a better service at less cost. Why pay for all that bureaucratic overhead, over the top salaries, PERS?

Government screws up almost everything that we allow them to get their filthy claws into. They've run us into the ground and it's time to cut them to the bone.

I think PARTS of the private sector have done very well, while others have screwed things up just as well as the Feds. I think Oversight is the key word here....either way time for something new

The degree of contempt most of you hold for our federal government is nearly as sad as the degree of devotional respect you have for the private sector. Considering how many of these efficient private sector outfit go bankrupt every year, many of them after engaging in criminal behavior, this is amazing.

Just a short list here: ENRON, WorldCom, Washington Mutual, Wachovia, BP - Halliburton, TEPCO, Hooker Chemical (love Canal), America's Natural Gas Companies for fracking, Blackwater, Dow Chemical (Bhopal), Babcock & Wilcox - Metropolitan Edison for 3 mile island, over 3000 hedge funds that went bust from 2008 to the present, 200 banks that went bust 2008 to present, and the 50,000 business that went bust in 2010 alone usually ending by not taking any responsibility for paying their debts.

When the private sector screws up they get sued, lose their market, go out of business or all of the above. This accountability keeps them in check.

When the Government screws up they give themselves a bigger budget, the problem gets bigger as designed since the Gov never solves the problems and things get out of control. It was the Gov that mandated the banks to make bad loans and the taxpayers would underwrite them. Pure geniuses, FUBAR all around, and they run things?

I've never been a true Libertarian but in the next Presidential election I'm voting for anybody with the last name Paul.

Sorry for the thread drift.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR