JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
When I was in a mfg home I had the wall crack in the bedroom, and a huge crack in the ceiling after about a year...And this was not from some little pansy sentry safe sitting in the bedroom, lets just say something large... After a year of the house settling a little and all that weight in the corner of the bedroom..I had problems.
I put in two large house jacks I found at a pawn shop right under it, and while I was at it I got some help and re leveled the whole house.
No more cracks!

A relative who lives in a manufactured home is currently shopping for a gun safe. He called to ask me if I had heard of any issues with the floor not being able to support the weight of a proper 1100lb gun safe. I hadn't, but I can see how it might be an issue. He doesn't have a good alternative aside from inside the home.

Anyone have any experience here?

modify a closet:
- add security hinges
- add a dead bolt
- add a metal door

-..... add lasers, attack dogs, cameras, spooky skeletons, and you're golden

I do this and have a small 4 rifle safe inside that my dad built me for a previous birthday (best birthday present ever). I keep the expensive firearms inside the small safe and least expensive outside of it along with ammo stored on a shelf that spans the width of the closet. Working well for the stuff I have packed in there along with emergency food rations.

good to go!

Unless you're looking for fireproof.. maybe you have a brick closet?... Then see anyone else's comment and regard me as a rambler

I am waiting for my floor to cave in. The houses floorboards used to be part of Camp Adair :p
My grandfather was a Army Engineer who worked in building Camp Adair. He also worked on Bonneville, Lookout Point, Dexter, The Dalles and Hills Creek dams. I lived at Lowell, OR for the first 8 months of my life in 1951.

If your worried about the floor under the safe. don't fill your freezer completely with meat because you will be looking at about the same size footprint / psi on the floor.

I have a 95 gallon aquarium (1100 lbs), so I think about this stuff a lot. In my case it is the base that concerns me. As for your home, have you ever had a party or get together? Would you be concerned about ten adults standing around a table? That is 1500 lbs right there.

If everything is sound (no dryrot) I wouldn't sweat it.

I have a 95 gallon aquarium (1100 lbs), so I think about this stuff a lot. In my case it is the base that concerns me. As for your home, have you ever had a party or get together? Would you be concerned about ten adults standing around a table? That is 1500 lbs right there.

If everything is sound (no dryrot) I wouldn't sweat it.
Ten adults spread out over 60 square feet for a few hours is totally different than a thousand pounds sitting on a nine square foot spot.

Ten adults spread out over 60 square feet for a few hours is totally different than a thousand pounds sitting on a nine square foot spot.
True, but at a party or gathering people often do congregate over a small area. I think of my aquarium like four 250lb guys standing around bs'ing. Not an impossibility in my family!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top