JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Anybody know a good company on the west side that moves gun safes? We may be moving from Washington county into Yamhill county and I don't want to try moving it with a bad back and wrist that I've got. All the moving companies I've talked to will only do it while moving the rest of my stuff.

You should have asked this 3 days ago beofre I threw their business card away
I believe it was Willamette Moving who moved my small business - I had them move the heavy stuff
I was pleased with the cost and move

Rememeber they are being paid by the hour if they are driving, sitting around and waiting,, or packing stuff - so be prepared to move when they get there
They are a "by the hour" moving company. You are typically paying from the time they leave the business and return. Seems to me it was about $400 and I filled their truck up.

Also try Lyle North American VAn Lines ( Tigard) - they use to hire out people and small truck by the hour.
This is their slow time of year so they are looking for any business.

Think it was $80/hr for 2 people and $100/ hr for three people

I talked to Willamette Moving earlier today. They'll do it but only if they move all my stuff with it. I just found a site for Portland Safe Company and they move safes so I'll try them. I got my safe from Liberty in Hillsboro and they said if I ever wanted to move it it should be around $300-400 within fifty miles. That was before they disappeared so I don't know what it would cost now.

That's expensive. You know any young fella who's willing to give work for beers and food? (Not under drinking age)

I don't know how big your safe is, but 4-5 people with some wheel based pallet will work?

I'm not sure if they can help you or not, but I bought my safe from Mountain View Safe Company at the PDX gun show a few years back and they were pretty reasonable for shipping.

<broken link removed>

I have no idea if they will just provide moving services or if they only deliver safes they sell, but it they don't, they might be able to direct you to someone who does.

Good luck.

Sorry to hear that - They only moved my heavy stuff when I used them

I do not know - maybe call a couple of safe companies and fnd out who they use or if they have a recommendation
How about Professional equipment movers - those that specialize in picking up and relocating heavy equipment

How much does it weigh?

$300 - $400 is cheap once you screw up your back and or your knees.

Heck I could move it for $400 and come from the north coast.
OK $500
If you unload the safe they aren't that hard to move.Just come along it into the back of a pick up.
Tie the bottom off so it doesn't slide out,and winch it in.No lifting required
Not like a refer that needs to be standing at all times.

I moved my safe 3 times by myself. Didn't lift it at all either

We have been moving Gun Safes for many years now, check out our website:
http://rrsm.webs.com

Haha. You're the guys I found on Angie's List and had move my safe. I was way out in the country by Banks and had the big safe that had to go through a doorway on 1/2 rollers because the opening was so short because it used to be a walk-in freezer. Happy with the price and service if anyone's wondering.

I would be weary about some movers... a lot of them have a criminal back ground and end up as movers as it is the only work they can get.

I really wouldn't want somebody convicted of burglary, felony theft, meth, etc knowing I owned guns.

I would be weary about some movers... a lot of them have a criminal back ground and end up as movers as it is the only work they can get.

I really wouldn't want somebody convicted of burglary, felony theft, meth, etc knowing I owned guns.
We have no criminal background, just good honest movers. We have been doing this for a long time & have a stairclimber with a 1500 lb capacity, however 2 of us have consistently moved 1000 lb safes up any amount of stairs using a regular dolly. Check us out.
Regular "day labor" furniture movers on the other hand you might want to be cautious of.

I'm the general manager of an office furniture installation/moving company. While not nursing a broken back, I run a company of 35-50 employees, depending on how busy we are at the moment. While it may be true that movers can't get other work, it may also be true that someone must carry stuff up and down stairs so that meek little "men" can write the check rather than move their own stuff. I have employed college graduates and folks with a prison history. I guess this stereotype is the same as any other. I am leary of lawyers, as they have a known history of theft under the guise of "law". Maybe we should leave degrading stereotypes off of this board. They have been known to be identified as racist and homophobic. Kip.

I'm the general manager of an office furniture installation/moving company. While not nursing a broken back, I run a company of 35-50 employees, depending on how busy we are at the moment. While it may be true that movers can't get other work, it may also be true that someone must carry stuff up and down stairs so that meek little "men" can write the check rather than move their own stuff. I have employed college graduates and folks with a prison history. I guess this stereotype is the same as any other. I am leary of lawyers, as they have a known history of theft under the guise of "law". Maybe we should leave degrading stereotypes off of this board. They have been known to be identified as racist and homophobic. Kip.

Hahaha, no bias there:)

I used Oregon Pro Arms safe movers.
Mike Kirkwood--503-998-3798

However, I asked that they uncrate it in their trailer and wrap it in plastic, because of my area.
They didn't-my new neighbor says "Oh you have a gun safe", just the reason that I requested the procedure in the first place, discretion.

The cardboard box says Gun Safe in big lettering and was left on the sidewalk.

Other than that, they did a good job.
They also move safes for the bigger sporting goods stores and Coastal Farm stores and were referred to me by one of them.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top