JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Just had a safe delivered by truck and the driver stood behind the truck and said loudly, so you are getting a gun safe... Then he said, oh maybe I shouldn't say that. Ya' think? This thing is too big to hand truck even with one from work that lifts 1200 pounds. It had to go through the door sideways and the hand truck would not lift in that direction. I had to shim it up one 2x4 at a time and slide it on the first step and then the second. I think to get it out I can get a couple of 2x6's or 8's and slide it down. Then I think I can built a four wheel dolly to get it in the moving truck. Gonna be recovering for a few days after moving that monster. Should be able to pick up and carry my old safe by comparison.

If you'd rather have a professional safe moving company do it for you, or if you'd like some advice on doing it yourself give us a call: <broken link removed>

Last Edited:
If you rent a Uhaul truck and use an appliance dolly ( weight rated) that'll get the job done. Just need two big guys or three medium sized ones.
That's how my father and I moved our safes.

Now if you've got one ofthe really expensive thick metal ones, then take the door off and the method is still the same.

Honestly, if you rent the stuff and we can set up a time I could even offer to help move it if we could get 1-2 other fellas here to help out.

Anybody know a good company on the west side that moves gun safes? We may be moving from Washington county into Yamhill county and I don't want to try moving it with a bad back and wrist that I've got. All the moving companies I've talked to will only do it while moving the rest of my stuff.
We can help you, check us out here
Fully licensed & insured gun safe movers, Oregon & Washington
or check out our website at NWspecialtymoving.com

Last Edited:
If my offer goes through I'll be contacting you to move my Liberty FatBoy up the street, a county over, but only a few miles away. :)

I escaped Multco to Washco and John and Luke from NW Speciality Moving http://nwspecialtymoving.com/
did an awesome job moving my Fatboy. They moved the safe from the very end of a condo garage (with no room to back in) to my new house that has a very steep incline to the garage.

They were super fast, on time (early, actually), and very professional. They gave me a very fair deal and I can't recommend them enough.

If you ever need a safe moved, or other special such thing, give John a call.

Don

I had to rent the 4 wheel dolly and have my silverback buddy help wrestle it up a ramp to the uhaul. That was just a 1000lb sturdy safe and was tough.

Go to Penske truck rentals and get a truck with a lift gate. They have them down to 16' I believe. Then get a couple teenagers and a heavy duty dolly. That's what I did with my 26 gun American Security.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top