JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I need some gun locks - the cable kind that goes through the action. I probably need at least ten.

Anyone know of a good, cheap source? The Beaverton PD gave some away a few years now but are not doing it now (that I know of). projectchildsafe.org does not list them as participating.

I can always google around but thought maybe someone here had an idea.

Another important question: other than marking each lock/key pair with a Sharpie, is there a good system or trick to reduce the number of keys needed?

My FFL dealer in Salem always has a few around and is pleased to pass them out. I wouldn't be surprised if other FFL dealers would do the same, especially if you buy (or have bought) guns from them.

I'm pretty sure most PD's have them for free, at least they do here. Just be sure to check the function of the lock, I got one that didn't work (I think the key was mismatched).

Why do you wish to render your guns useless? Buy a gun safe.

Another important question: other than marking each lock/key pair with a Sharpie, is there a good system or trick to reduce the number of keys needed?

Yes the trick is to buy a gun safe and teach your children about guns and safety.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top