Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Gun flippers

Discussion in 'Questions, Problems, & Feedback' started by sbwool63, Nov 21, 2011.

1. sbwool63

sbwool63 Clark County, WA Member

How does everyone here feel about gun flippers? U sell someone a gun for a great deal one day and two days later it's on the forum for a profit...

2. bobspeedingbull

bobspeedingbull North Oylimpic Pen. Member

That's what makes america great- capitalism - nothing wrong with making a buck!

3. deen_ad

deen_ad Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

Agreed, no problem in my book.

In fact I just bought an alum/stainless shotgun today for a good price, now I see a standard model for $50 more than I paid. Maybe I should sell the one I got and make a couple 100 or so on it!!
    Nope, not gunna happen, I bought the "new" one because it's stainless and I want that easy care. It's not as smooth as my standard model but it'll wear in.

4. fredball

fredball Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

+2

5. Mark W.

Mark W. Silverton, OR Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

ROFLMAO 2/3 the guys on this forum are flippers some make a profit some just buy something different. Once you have your price the future of that item is of no concern.

6. slimer13

slimer13 Deer Park Well-Known Member

I could be wrong but I believe that if do it too much (I guess the ATF decrees what too much is) then it could be considered a business and you would need the appropriate licences.

7. Grunwald

Grunwald Out of that nut job colony of Seattle, WA Well-Known Member

I guess I am in the minority but I think it's kind of bubblegumty. It lacks class. If you are buying it to flip it at least sell it somewhere else. I sure would not like to see something that I sold to someone for a good deal show up immediately for sale. It would make me feel like I was taken advantage of.

8. Izzy

Izzy Oakridge Active Member

Once I've sold it to you, it's yours!!!! Who am I to say what you should or should not do with it? If I sell a guy a mint condition WWI (fill in the blank) & he "sporterizes" it, that would make me unhappy, but it's not mine, there for I have no place to say any thing. I have "flipped" guns, & I've sold guns to people who have in turn "flipped" them. If it's mine, I will do what I want with it! If it's yours, do what you want with it!

FullCaliberII, Trlsmn, Redcap and 3 others like this.
  9. MrNiceGuy

MrNiceGuy between springfield and shelbyville Well-Known Member

If I got the money I wanted for an item, I couldn't care less what the buyer does with it.

I love capitalism. If someone can make a buck and wants to put forth the time and effort to do so, more power to them!

Trlsmn and (deleted member) like this.
  10. Douglas

Douglas Oregon Active Member

I would only be bothered if the buyer intentionally deceived the seller. Like "new to firearms, what's this worth.." type of deal.

Generator and (deleted member) like this.
  11. theduke

theduke NW Member

:eatpop:

12. Spray-n-pray

Spray-n-pray Battle Ground Moderator Staff Member Bronze Supporter

If there was deceit involved, that would be pretty weak. For example, if a buyer gives some story about "my dad used to have one of these back in the war, and his dying wish was to shoot it one last time before he dies of cancer," to try and get a good deal, and immediately posts it for a profit, then that is wack.

Generator, kenr74, Grunwald and 7 others like this.
  13. sbwool63

sbwool63 Clark County, WA Member

good to hear everyone responses.

14. Mikej

Mikej Portland Gold Supporter Gold Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

With the internet and GOOGLE at your fingertips.......If someone is turning around and selling a gun for a good profit then the seller didn't do their homework. It wouldn't bother me.

The dying dad scenario, well yeah.
    Tacky.

Mike

15. 22many

22many PNW Well-Known Member

This wouldn't bother me at all. I don't care whos relative is dying. If the buyer isn't gonna give me what I want for it then he can pull his sob story on someone else. If in fact the story was true, then I'm sure between him and his father can both pony up the cash for his "dying wish".

After all, I have to be content with what I sold and not feel like I was taken.

16. 2506

2506 Seattle Well-Known Member

If you're not buying low and selling high, you're doing it wrong.

MrNiceGuy, Trlsmn, Izzy and 3 others like this.
  17. Izzy

Well said!!!!

18. simpleguy

simpleguy Clackamas Active Member

I don't sell guns, I buy them......

Grunwald and (deleted member) like this.
  19. Izzy

Hoarder!!! :laugh:

20. supergenius

supergenius 206 Active Member

Who cares. This thread belongs on SGN LOL.

Grunwald and (deleted member) like this.