JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Red-flag laws sound nice to some on paper, but how do we craft them so they cannot be misused, as they surely will be? Unfortunately, I don't believe enough Congressmen share my concern.
That's the big issue I have over them - the inherent lack of due process and guilty-until-proven-innocent-and-even-then-guilty way they're done today. Roberts the Coward won't take on the topic within SCOTUS properly, no surprise.

Tough call for the Dem's, do something 'constructive' or act like they tried really, really hard to do something constructive so they can use that as a fundraiser talking point.

And I would argue that on this one menuvere, both sides truly are the same
They're all going to grift to the extremes like normal. Credit to the Dems for acknowledging without acknowledging that their usual talking points won't actually do anything but tick off half the country. That they might trade with the GOP - mental health care for pushing an extension on background checks which already exist in a significant number of states is a change from their pearl-clutching over weapons and mags.

That's the big issue I have over them - the inherent lack of due process and guilty-until-proven-innocent-and-even-then-guilty way they're done today. Roberts the Coward won't take on the topic within SCOTUS properly, no surprise.

They're all going to grift to the extremes like normal. Credit to the Dems for acknowledging without acknowledging that their usual talking points won't actually do anything but tick off half the country. That they might trade with the GOP - mental health care for pushing an extension on background checks which already exist in a significant number of states is a change from their pearl-clutching over weapons and mags.
I have that same issue. Who gets to decide? A jury of your peers, it seems to me. You don't get to call it an emergency and then do whatever you want. If the person in question is doing something illegal, go arrest them. If they're reading the wrong books, go soak your head. Threatening to shoot up a school is illegal. Quoting Lincoln isn't.

It's going to be an interesting assessment tomorrow of what comes out tonight. Senate is working on a bipartisan approach, the House is pushing their usual BS, and Basement Dummy is going to speak on the topic tonight. Even money says he uses a usual shaming approach followed by "deer don't wear Kevlar," "you couldn't buy a cannon," and "2a is not absolute."

It's going to be an interesting assessment tomorrow of what comes out tonight. Senate is working on a bipartisan approach, the House is pushing their usual BS, and Basement Dummy is going to speak on the topic tonight. Even money says he uses a usual shaming approach followed by "deer don't wear Kevlar," "you couldn't buy a cannon," and "2a is not absolute."
I hope he doubles down on the 9mm lung choppers.

1654202013595.png

Aloha, Mark

Yup, I can guarantee the Potato in Chief will continue with his lies! He has been proven by BOTH sides to have lied and continues to lie even after being told it was all lies, but he don't care! The real idiots are the ones running the teleprompter that feeds him the same lies over and over and over and over and over and over ad over and over and over, gotta get all those soccer Milfs on the same page now!

Other then all that, it will be a bunch of Presidential Absolutes where he praises the Dems and blasts the Repubs, and targets the NRA boogyman, and he will spout how he is going to do all this and all that and we better bend over and take it or else he will sick Corn Pop on us!

Yup, I can guarantee the Potato in Chief will continue with his lies! He has been proven by BOTH sides to have lied and continues to lie even after being told it was all lies, but he don't care! The real idiots are the ones running the teleprompter that feeds him the same lies over and over and over and over and over and over ad over and over and over, gotta get all those soccer Milfs on the same page now!

Other then all that, it will be a bunch of Presidential Absolutes where he praises the Dems and blasts the Repubs, and targets the NRA boogyman, and he will spout how he is going to do all this and all that and we better bend over and take it or else he will sick Corn Pop on us!
He's not mentally capable of the song and dance routine he played for decades. He's reduced to lies, temper tantrums and complete mental lapses.

He's not mentally capable of the song and dance routine he played for decades. He's reduced to lies, temper tantrums and complete mental lapses.
And he's gotten worse. You can see it in the eyes.

I don't know how many of you here have lost a parent to Alzheimer's, but I remember being beside my pops through the lion's share of his journey to the end. The Biden glaze is exactly what my pops had, along with the shuffling or almost mechanical way of walking. I wouldn't be surprised if incontinence is already in play, and I bet he's 1-2 years away from very obvious physical failures. This should scare people, and anger the same that a political cabal is using this declining person as a tool to ram through damning policies.

And he's gotten worse. You can see it in the eyes.

I don't know how many of you here have lost a parent to Alzheimer's, but I remember being beside my pops through the lion's share of his journey to the end. The Biden glaze is exactly what my pops had, along with the shuffling or almost mechanical way of walking. I wouldn't be surprised if incontinence is already in play, and I bet he's 1-2 years away from very obvious physical failures. This should scare people, and anger the same that a political cabal is using this declining person as a tool to ram through damning policies.
They've been using kids to ram their agenda through. I doubt they care about an incontinent geezer. Especially one they can lay the blame on when everything goes sideways. He is the definition of a useful idiot.

And you are right. I also recognize the blank stare of Alzheimer's all too well.

You know...
An interesting behavior can manifest itself in persons who have come to realize that they have nothing to loose.
This can be seen in youngsters who know they have been caught with their hands in the cookie jar, cheating spouses, prisoners under interogation who realize that "The Man" has the evidence to put them away and lackluster politicians who know EVERYBODY thinks they are a P.O.S.

If you can stand it, put yourself in the Potato's world on an average day.
You wake up, stumble to the bathroom sink and see that face in the mirror. A voice says..You are a worthless P.O.S., everyone knows you have always been a worthless P.O.S., and the only reason you are here is because no one else would sell their dignity to put their face in this mirror...
Then over at the breakfast table, The Eggs Benedict starts talking to you. Remember ! You are not here to think, no one wants to know what you think, just recite the written instructions on the table in front of you and shut up afterwards.
Then just before dinner, you are meeting with the "Young Leaders of America " tour group. During a quick sniff on the head of one of the young attendees, the voice says..."It's good to be King".

Now the sun has set in the West... the Secret Service is busy washing off pidgeon poo from the windshield of The "Beast".
You are lying down, staring at ceiling. (No "My Pillows" on the bed).
The voice says...you did good today. Just remember to say what the bathroom mirror tells you to say in the morning. Now, take your pill.

As you fade off to unconsciousness, you say to yourself, the mirror is going to like me in the morning.

Last Edited:
I have that same issue. Who gets to decide? A jury of your peers, it seems to me. You don't get to call it an emergency and then do whatever you want. If the person in question is doing something illegal, go arrest them. If they're reading the wrong books, go soak your head. Threatening to shoot up a school is illegal. Quoting Lincoln isn't.
If you approach red flag laws from the complete opposite direction, we're all guilty of every possible crime from birth. All we have to do is prove not only innocence, but a genuine and total unwillingness to commit said crimes. Wouldn't we all be so perfectly safe then?

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top