JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
UPDATE 6/1/22: I initially listed this as "HR7010" as I grabbed this info from another website that had it listed as such. I can't verify that the number is accurate so I've removed it. This gun control package actually seems to be comprised of several separate bills making their way through the process. I've added the list of these bills below, as taken from the printed description in the video itself. Sorry for any confusion...please don't kill me. :)

Gun control package moves forward...

The video is a bit long and I'm not real wild about the YouTuber but it's good information. I've also pasted a rough summary of what appears to be included...note that this was thrown together fairly quickly so if I got something wrong, please don't kill me. :)

Looks like the big ones are a national ban on "high capacity" magazines and ghost guns. There is a grandfather clause so you get to keep the mags you already got. But if this continues to progress, you can expect there will probably be a run on magazines. Might want to get a jump on that if there's anything you want but don't already have, and you think there's a chance of this piece of crap passing.

Text of bill...

Rough Summary:
* Semi-auto rifle / Semi-auto shotguns for 21+ years old only
* Ban straw purchases as gun trafficing
* Add legal definition of "ghost gun"
* Ban sale, receipt, and possession of any ghost gun
* Ban engraving serial numbers
* If have minors or prohibited persons, must store guns in safe or use safety device, or carry on person
* Ban bump stocks
* Ban large capacity magazines, with grandfather clause

Bills Getting Markup Hearings Thursday, June 2, 2022...
Protecting Our Kids Act: https://bit.ly/38XXsQw
Raise the Age Act (HR3015): https://bit.ly/3ahsN12
Prevent Gun Trafficking Act (HR2280): https://bit.ly/3PT663f
Untraceable Firearms Act (HR3088): https://bit.ly/3x647QS
Ethan's Law (HR748): https://bit.ly/3tblLBl
Safe Guns, Safe Kids Act (HR6370): https://bit.ly/3N80alc
Kimberly Vaughn Firearm Safe Storage Act (HR130): https://bit.ly/3a9hl7p

Last Edited:
All the pseudo-effort to "protect" children that seems designed to fail. Why not spend some money on school security like they did in Israel? Train school officials? The last few times people suggested this, the silly replies were "don't make our schools into armed camps" as if pretending evil doesn't exist will make it go away.

If you want this $#!^ to stop, you need more "normal" people to see benefits to guns. You can't rely on media, you can't rely on politicians. It's on you to help others lose their irrational fears of guns and see their upsides, like sporting and self-defense. Take your friends out to the range. Your stuff, your ammo. Make it easy for them to have a "win" right away. Don't put a 44 in their hand. Something easy to shoot and hit what they aim at. They lose their irrational fears and have more open minds.

Court Rules California's Gun Sale Ban For Those Under 21 Is Unconstitutional
In a 2–1 decision (pdf), a three-judge panel of the 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals ruled that the state's law violates the Second Amendment rights.

straw purchases already illegal.

as of 6/1 Oregon law allows you to make your own gun, and there is noting on the books that says it must have a ser #
the stupidity of this is that in the 70s some guns the upper was the part with ser # not the lower yet other manufactures with similar gun,
the lower was the ser # and the upper was not.....

Gun control package moves forward...HR7010

The video is a bit long and I'm not real wild about the YouTuber but it's good information. I've also pasted a rough summary of what appears to be included...note that this was thrown together fairly quickly so if I got something wrong, please don't kill me. :)

Looks like the big ones are a national ban on "high capacity" magazines and ghost guns. There is a grandfather clause so you get to keep the mags you already got. But if this continues to progress, you can expect there will probably be a run on magazines. Might want to get a jump on that if there's anything you want but don't already have, and you think there's a chance of this piece of crap passing.

Text of bill...

Rough Summary:
* Ban engraving serial numbers
* If have minors or prohibited persons, must store guns in safe or use safety device, or carry on person
* Ban bump stocks
* Ban large capacity magazines, with grandfather clause

Thx for the info. Was on the fence about getting a bigger 12 gauge drum mag. Can't seem to find any saiga 12 ga 30 rounders but 25 rd and 20 rd drums are plentiful. Anyway this pushed me off the fence. Got a bunch of other mags while I was at it. I remember scrambling to find high capacity mags in the old days when they were banned and I will not go through that again, even if I end up having too many mags.

Thx for the info. Was on the fence about getting a bigger 12 gauge drum mag. Can't seem to find any saiga 12 ga 30 rounders but 25 rd and 20 rd drums are plentiful. Anyway this pushed me off the fence. Got a bunch of other mags while I was at it. I remember scrambling to find high capacity mags in the old days when they were banned and I will not go through that again, even if I end up having too many mags.
There's no such thing as too many mags.

The mag part is unsurprising, although I wonder if they're thinking the grandfathering language would pass muster if SCOTUS ever quits jerking themselves off and hears Duncan v. Bonta. "We don't want to remove the ones in circulation, we just don't want new ones." It'd be interesting.

What's super interesting to me is that Dems have pivoted to age limits vs. banning in that push. I firmly expected the usual, "military style rifles...blah blah blah...we're retards" but surprising they've left that out thus far.

I just bought a matched upper and lower from Wilson in case I want one later.
I suggest an AR10 BCG if the price and availability are good. When I first wanted to build one, if you could find a BCG it was crazy expensive. I've had my PA10 gen2 maybe 3 yrs. Got a spare BCG $109 when they weren't selling.

It's hard for me to keep spare or extra parts around and not ending up building something.

Does this HR7010 have a realistic chance? I've not heard of it anywhere else
Are any Senate Repubs voicing interest a yea vote on this? What about Manchin? It only takes one of those two and it could pass.

Nevermind no way 10 repubs vote for this and little chance Manchin will vote to kill the filibuster to vote for this.

Last Edited:
I doubt it clears based on the mag ban (Senate) although I can see it coming to a vote IF the Senate doesn't come up with a bipartisan package. I imagine we'll see something in two weeks.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top