JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm looking for any and all guidance from the collective. This is for a buddy.

WA State. Perhaps seven years ago his Father-in-law passed. They inherited several black-powder firearms. I've never seen them so cannot provide a better description. I don't even know if they are pistols, rifles, or a combination of both. The firearms have been sitting in a safe.

His wife now wants them gone. Questions:
  • I assume newer WA State regs (541?) applies such that these must be sold/transferred via a FFL. Does anyone know?
  • Is there a marketplace for these? I know about Armslist. Other recommendations?
Other ramblings or considerations are appreciated. :)

I'm looking for any and all guidance from the collective. This is for a buddy.

WA State. Perhaps seven years ago his Father-in-law passed. They inherited several black-powder firearms. I've never seen them so cannot provide a better description. I don't even know if they are pistols, rifles, or a combination of both. The firearms have been sitting in a safe.

His wife now wants them gone. Questions:
  • I assume newer WA State regs (541?) applies such that these must be sold/transferred via a FFL. Does anyone know?
  • Is there a marketplace for these? I know about Armslist. Other recommendations?
Other ramblings or considerations are appreciated. :)
Contact @AndyinEverson he can tell you anything you want to know about muzzleloader guns.old and older and new he only has about 500 of them hehehe

Lol I been using this picture to much lately but here it is again @AndyinEverson teacher .
Teaching me how to load a 150 YEAR OLD CAP AND BALL .
COLT NAVY PISTOL.
I think he can help you. 2772.jpeg

@ATCclears ...
Hey Buddy...how 'bout $5.00 a piece....:eek::D

Really though...send me some pictures of any :
Markings...
Lock area..
Muzzle...
And the whole gun of course...

I'll try to answer any questions you have...
If they are antique , replica or reproduction , then you will not need a FFL...We will just come up with a fair price and have 'em sell...

Also it seems we ain't too far apart...maybe we can meet up and I take an actual look at said guns...
Andy

A quick update and apparently they are all pistols, I'm still looking for photos. Any ramblings appreciated...

Colt - 369
Connecticut Valley Arms, 36 caliber (may be two of these)
Icam (no other details)
Ruger - Old Army
Thompson - Center Arms Scout, 54 caliber

A quick update and apparently they are all pistols, I'm still looking for photos. Any ramblings appreciated...

Colt - 369
Connecticut Valley Arms, 36 caliber (may be two of these)
Icam (no other details)
Ruger - Old Army
Thompson - Center Arms Scout, 54 caliber
I see you are north of Seattle according to your Avatar.
So you are not far from me and @AndyinEverson depends on the price and what kind they are I might be interested in one of the pistols .this all depends .I will go by what Andy says they are worth.
LOL AND I WILL GIVE ANDY THE 5 BUCKS.
HEHEE .

I am North, but these are not mine. They are for a buddy. At some point I'm going to tell him I'll have to connect him and person X, and they can take it from there.

Hopefully on the 15 I will see Andy .
I got a few people going to a range up here and Andy was invited .lol well I let him know that we were going to go shoot some handguns and my BP GUN

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews