JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Greetings all, I am a relative newbie here. Can anyone recommend a business to get an appraisal on some replica and kit black powder rifles and cap lock pistols? Five years ago we used Rich's Gun Shop in Donald, and they closed. Portland metropolitan area is preferable, but we can travel a little.
Thanks in advance for any information!

Now days you can mostly do it yourself on Gunbroker.com. Go to the advance search and check the box for ended auctions. Watch the sale of your type of firearm over the course of a couple months and see where you are at. Be realistic and you can come up with a good idea of what it r they may be worth. Pawn stores will give you pennies on the dollar, some gun stores might consign them for you, some might buy outright but are going to want to buy them for 70 to 50 percent off of gunbroker costs. Individuals sales might get more money. These cap and ball weapons are more easily sold since they do not have to be transferred through and FFL to my knowledge.

Now days you can mostly do it yourself on Gunbroker.com. Go to the advance search and check the box for ended auctions. Watch the sale of your type of firearm over the course of a couple months and see where you are at. Be realistic and you can come up with a good idea of what it r they may be worth. Pawn stores will give you pennies on the dollar, some gun stores might consign them for you, some might buy outright but are going to want to buy them for 70 to 50 percent off of gunbroker costs. Individuals sales might get more money. These cap and ball weapons are more easily sold since they do not have to be transferred through and FFL to my knowledge.
@WestcoastWes thanks for the ideas! It's more for insurance purposes, for which I think an "official" appraisal might be necessary.

Hello @ClearMach

quneur was joking around about my well known love for muzzle loading firearms...and dislike of the over use of the term tactical to describe various modern firearms....:D

As far as being an appraiser ...I ain't...but...
I do have a pretty good idea of the values of muzzle loading firearms be they replica...antique or custom.
If I can add to any of your confusion...err...help out any...please let me know.
Andy

Hello @ClearMach

quneur was joking around about my well known love for muzzle loading firearms...and dislike of the over use of the term tactical to describe various modern firearms....:D

As far as being an appraiser ...I ain't...but...
I do have a pretty good idea of the values of muzzle loading firearms be they replica...antique or custom.
If I can add to any of your confusion...err...help out any...please let me know.
Andy
@Andy54Hawken thank you for clarifying 🙂 ...and for the offer to help! Will follow up with a DM when I get my act together and make a decision on moving forward!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top