JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm looking for any and all guidance from the collective. This is for a buddy.

WA State. Perhaps seven years ago his Father-in-law passed. They inherited several black-powder firearms. I've never seen them so cannot provide a better description. I don't even know if they are pistols, rifles, or a combination of both. The firearms have been sitting in a safe.

His wife now wants them gone. Questions:
  • I assume newer WA State regs (541?) applies such that these must be sold/transferred via a FFL. Does anyone know?
  • Is there a marketplace for these? I know about Armslist. Other recommendations?
Other ramblings or considerations are appreciated. :)

I'm looking for any and all guidance from the collective. This is for a buddy.

WA State. Perhaps seven years ago his Father-in-law passed. They inherited several black-powder firearms. I've never seen them so cannot provide a better description. I don't even know if they are pistols, rifles, or a combination of both. The firearms have been sitting in a safe.

His wife now wants them gone. Questions:
  • I assume newer WA State regs (541?) applies such that these must be sold/transferred via a FFL. Does anyone know?
  • Is there a marketplace for these? I know about Armslist. Other recommendations?
Other ramblings or considerations are appreciated. :)
Contact @AndyinEverson he can tell you anything you want to know about muzzleloader guns.old and older and new he only has about 500 of them hehehe

Lol I been using this picture to much lately but here it is again @AndyinEverson teacher .
Teaching me how to load a 150 YEAR OLD CAP AND BALL .
COLT NAVY PISTOL.
I think he can help you. 2772.jpeg

@ATCclears ...
Hey Buddy...how 'bout $5.00 a piece....:eek::D

Really though...send me some pictures of any :
Markings...
Lock area..
Muzzle...
And the whole gun of course...

I'll try to answer any questions you have...
If they are antique , replica or reproduction , then you will not need a FFL...We will just come up with a fair price and have 'em sell...

Also it seems we ain't too far apart...maybe we can meet up and I take an actual look at said guns...
Andy

A quick update and apparently they are all pistols, I'm still looking for photos. Any ramblings appreciated...

Colt - 369
Connecticut Valley Arms, 36 caliber (may be two of these)
Icam (no other details)
Ruger - Old Army
Thompson - Center Arms Scout, 54 caliber

A quick update and apparently they are all pistols, I'm still looking for photos. Any ramblings appreciated...

Colt - 369
Connecticut Valley Arms, 36 caliber (may be two of these)
Icam (no other details)
Ruger - Old Army
Thompson - Center Arms Scout, 54 caliber
I see you are north of Seattle according to your Avatar.
So you are not far from me and @AndyinEverson depends on the price and what kind they are I might be interested in one of the pistols .this all depends .I will go by what Andy says they are worth.
LOL AND I WILL GIVE ANDY THE 5 BUCKS.
HEHEE .

I am North, but these are not mine. They are for a buddy. At some point I'm going to tell him I'll have to connect him and person X, and they can take it from there.

Hopefully on the 15 I will see Andy .
I got a few people going to a range up here and Andy was invited .lol well I let him know that we were going to go shoot some handguns and my BP GUN

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top