JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
no, my comment was in regards to the one where Wayerhouser charges $200 per person to access their land. Trash dumpers and slob shooters hurt us too but thats a separate subject because we can still access our lands. When we sell off our private lands, we no longer have access. Forever.

Not in my area they haven't, timberlands still belong to the logging corporations.

Not in my area they haven't, timberlands still belong to the logging corporations.

not for long, they will close their lands as more trash shooters and illegal dumping increase enough.

It used to be that logging companies wanted hunters (mainly) to access their lands in favor of votes against environmentalist logging regulations. But they lost that battle anyways over time so now they can and do charge whatever fees they want for anyone to access their lands. There are still enclaves of private timber lands that still allow public access in places but its just a matter of time until they cash in on the recreation revenue. Enjoy it while you can

Friday , September 1st can not come soon enough.
Right after school , I will be heading out to hunt until the early evening.
Darn work interfering with my hunting...:D
Again good luck to all who head this year....
May all of your shots be swift and sure....Remember to respect the animal hunted and stay safe.
Andy

Friday , September 1st can not come soon enough.
Right after school , I will be heading out to hunt until the early evening.
Darn work interfering with my hunting...:D
Again good luck to all who head this year....
May all of your shots be swift and sure....Remember to respect the animal hunted and stay safe.
Andy

Was just gifted a cheap but much higher zoom scope from a long time friend on Saturday with a small bag of rings (came off of his pellet gun) and picked up a few boxes of CCI Stingers so now I need to decide which of my 2 - 22lr Rifles I'm going to use for grouse this year.

Need tags still but I'm stoked to get out there!

I like using a .22 rifle as well ... but if you have never gotten a grouse with one before , be aware that even with a clean head / neck shot , they can flop around for a bit ... Not wanting to get too graphic.

Note:
I am not saying that a well placed .22 will not work for grouse ... just that the proverbial "running around Like a chicken with his head cut off" , might happen.
Andy

.17hmr is my grouse "head nipper" of choice.
Can't wait for hunting season

This year I'm working with what I have:oops: - building the collection up, very very slowly but working towards it:rolleyes:.

I like using a .22 rifle as well ... but if you have never gotten a grouse with one before , be aware that even with a clean head / neck shot , they can flop around for a bit ... Not wanting to get too graphic.

Note:
I am not saying that a well placed .22 will not work for grouse ... just that the proverbial "running around Like a chicken with his head cut off" , might happen.
Andy

Thanks for the heads up Andy.

I always hope to make a clean harvest but understand that unlike the movies, bodies don't drop on the spot or go flying backwards when hit:D.

I chose the .22 cuz where I find them they tend to fly off a bit and I'm worried it will be too far for a reasonable shotgun shot. I see them on roads as I drive by so it's not a shoot on the flush. I have to park and get off the road to follow them a little bit.

I used to until they closed all the logging roads and started charging $200-plus just for a key for the season.:mad::mad::mad:

yeah, this pisses me off too. This is what happens when we "give the lands back to the people", no hunting and gated roads.

No this is from all the trash dumpers, meth heads and slob shooters that effed us ethical outdoorsman and women. Plus greedy corporate logging companies come to mind also.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::mad:

no, my comment was in regards to the one where Wayerhouser charges $200 per person to access their land. Trash dumpers and slob shooters hurt us too but thats a separate subject because we can still access our lands. When we sell off our private lands, we no longer have access. Forever.

Seems to me that as long as the timber companies get significant tax breaks for maintaining their land as forest land they should have to keep that land open for public use. If they want to lock it down, let them pay FMV property tax like everyone else has to.

Seems to me that as long as the timber companies get significant tax breaks for maintaining their land as forest land they should have to keep that land open for public use. If they want to lock it down, let them pay FMV property tax like everyone else has to.

Exactly, in my area there was some kind of negotiations going on but have not kept up on it. Might be a good time to check....;)

The problem is they can charge whatever they want for public use AND still get the tax break. As long as they "allow" access they can get away with that.

Wayerhouser charges hundreds of dollars per person to access.

I was able to get out in the woods on opening day and the only things I got was some scratches on my truck (from going down some "roads" to try to avoid everyone else), exercise and sweaty............
All in all, it was a great just spending the day out in nature away from people.

I hope some of you at least got a meal from taking your guns for a hike.

Ray

I spent my tag money on a shotgun so I have to wait until I get paid to get out and try my luck.

I also need to mount and sight in a new to me scope on my favorite .22lr.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top