JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Has anyone had any experience with Grizzly Cartridge Range Ammo? I posted a review on Sportsman's Warehouse website about how lousy their .308 Win. ammo was. Hope I didn't step on anyone's toes, and hate to bash a local (Rainier, OR) company, but that ammo was scary bad. And looking at other reviews on Sportsman's website and other places online, it sure sounds like the last place anyone should look for ammo.

Yeah, wouldn't eject out of my savage lever 99. POS ammo.

I've seen cleaner brass in the forest on the ground then what I saw when I opened their cardboard box of crap they call ammo.. ended up just feeding it to Ar10.
Has anyone had any experience with Grizzly Cartridge Range Ammo? I posted a review on Sportsman's Warehouse website about how lousy their .308 Win. ammo was. Hope I didn't step on anyone's toes, and hate to bash a local (Rainier, OR) company, but that ammo was scary bad. And looking at other reviews on Sportsman's website and other places online, it sure sounds like the last place anyone should look for ammo.

That really provides a wealth of information about the ammo.

Here is what I posted on sportsman's warehouse website. Guess I should have left a link.

When I was at the range on Sunday, another club member asked if I would like some free primed brass for .308 Win. He said he had purchased them as Grizzly remanufactured ammo from Sportsman's Warehouse here in Kennewick, Washington and that the majority of them would not chamber in his new Howa .308. As a new handloader, he went ahead and pulled the bullets and said the powder charges varied from 36 to 43 grains in each case. But he was uncertain how to deal with the primed brass, so was willing to give it to someone who was comfortable in dealing with it. I measured the cases and only 10 of them were within SAAMI specs for length. I trimmed all of them to 2.005 and checked them in my Savage 10T to make sure they had been sufficiently sized and will use them for plinking loads. But as they came from Grizzly, in my opinion, they were potentially dangerous and should not have Ben fired. Sportsman's Warehouse really should check the quality of the products they are selling, if for no other reason than product liability concerns

That's a bummer. Did you call Mike (Grizzly Cartridge) and ask about it? He's always been a boutique manufacturer, I don't know why he would suddenly drop is quality standards.

The club member that had purchased the ammo tried to contact Grizzly Cartridge, but said they basically said too bad. I noted other posts online saying similar results from contacting them (or attempting to contact them). I tend to stay away from remanufactured ammo, unless I am the one who manufactured it. Have had some bad experiences with other short lived boutique manufacturers, who weren't in business very long for obvious reasons.

The 308 grizzly ammo I purchased at sportsman was extremely dirty and varnished. The brass looked like it was picked up at a "clean up" event and reloaded with no concern of the brass. My extractor pin is alittle worn on my savage 99 but it took a brass rod through the end of the barrel to push out the spent cartridge. Never check grain count, but the brass alone was a lost cause.

That really provides a wealth of information about the ammo.

The club member that had purchased the ammo tried to contact Grizzly Cartridge, but said they basically said too bad. I noted other posts online saying similar results from contacting them (or attempting to contact them). I tend to stay away from remanufactured ammo, unless I am the one who manufactured it. Have had some bad experiences with other short lived boutique manufacturers, who weren't in business very long for obvious reasons.

Grizzly has been around for years. The big claim to fame was ammo for big bore guns for bear defense, the owner spent a lot of his time as an oil pipeline engineer.

If that's the response you got, yea, that's messed up. I occasionally do runs of remanufactured ammo to customer specs, it really sucks when people poison the market like this. It's bad for customers, it's bad for other manufacturers, and it's bad for the market in general.

Bought some of their .300 Blk ammo and it was a waste of money! 2 FTF, primer strike but no bang, 5 dented cases (severe enough I would not attempt to use them) 3 rounds with improperly seated bullets and multiple 5.56 rounds mixed in the box!:eek: Ended up destroying the rest after several attempts to contact Mfg with no results! Waste of hard earned money!:mad:

So I'm not 100% sure if it was the grizzly ammo but it's what I was shooting at the time.i had a 300 blackout pistol that was kept jamming with them and also had a buffer weight that had somehow smashed to pieces in the tube.i can't prove it was the ammo or say for sure.thats my 2 cents on it.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews