JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
No NFA items or an FFL when he passed, so I am in the clear!
Thank you everyone for your responses and condolences.
And, whatever you do, DON'T give the information to your local law enforcement, for protection in the event they're ever stolen...that is bogus. Record that data, for your own benefit and use it IF any of the firearms ever end up missing.

Like the title says. He left me his firearms... and as far as I am aware, since I am immediate family I don't need to do any transfers with the state.

Just wondering if I am correct in feeling that way or if I need to go do a bunch of transfers..

Thanks in advance

They're yours. "Legal" or not. The government can go to h311.

No requirement for a transfer in Washington, either, the probate is the transfer. Do obtain a copy of the will for your records, and append a list of each firearm with serial number. Tuck this away in your personal records, just in case any question ever comes up as to how you obtained one of the guns, or you need to furnish a list to police or insurance in event of loss.

The attorney handling the probate may want a BGC to protect himself, other than that, it's not required.

I won't go into any personal, recent history, but I'll tell you my thoughts.

F-em!

I don't believe you have done anything illegal by taking possession of these firearms, and you should take them out and play with them.

....edit... just saw the date.
Too late , no take backs.

download.jpeg-33.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR