JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

I do like the looks of this 92 Jeep Cherokee 2 door... and its a small, relatively light vehicle, ought to be pretty good off road compared to a lot of the newer pavement pounders

As long as empty weight is under 248 pounds, these may fit Ultralight category?

Get on water, fly off. Land on water. Float away lol use wing as sail on water 🤔
FIB-Takes-Flight.jpg unnamed (6).jpg fib.jpg

Ah, but its inflatable and it looks relatively safe :s0140: well. Flying and boating are the easy parts. Taking off and landing seems to be the hard part ;)
Ran into an ultra lite builder at a local airshow/gathering, had a fixed wing setup kinda sorta like that, much more robust and likely safer, don't remember the name, but it would be worth a look! The boat part was more like pontoons but also boat like, looked to be very light and yet stable, while the airplane part looked funky, it would likely also be quite strong! Had several engine options, and the price was super reasonable for what you got!

There is another one, a kit offered out of Ukraine, super cool looking, especially on floats, plenty of options, and reasonably priced! Will have to dig around to find them for ya, if I were into that sort of flying, one of those would be a awesome choice, do it up with V.W. power and you would have a pretty slick and inexpensive little bird!

Ah, but its inflatable and it looks relatively safe :s0140: well. Flying and boating are the easy parts. Taking off and landing seems to be the hard part ;)
Here's the ONE I was really diggin, the Elitar Sigma, made in Perm Russia, ( a serious manufacture with some serious chops) I really like this one, though it needs to be a tail dragger to fit my needs!
1713133601134.png

Now, put a UL 3.5L Turbo or a Lycoming IO-270 or IO-300 in this, convert to tail dragger, and install some 31 inch Bushwheels, install the Alaska Airframes P-STOL Flaps, and you really got something!

Last Edited:
In the late 80s when I started quoting business phones I offered Hillsboro Helicopters a labor/hardware trade for Helicopter lessons. Back then a whole course to get trained and licensed was about $5k. Some other company lowballed a bid and it didn't happen. That is probably why I am here typing this right now.

In the late 80s when I started quoting business phones I offered Hillsboro Helicopters a labor/hardware trade for Helicopter lessons. Back then a whole course to get trained and licensed was about $5k. Some other company lowballed a bid and it didn't happen. That is probably why I am here typing this right now.
Back in 92, my full course flight school cost around $5000 including books and headset, I got the Air Force to pay for most of it while stationed near by, total cost was around $600 for the books and headset, plus fuel for any extras I did! Got my Tail dragger endorsement right off as part of my basic flight training which saved me a bunch! At today's costs, at least double that, I have seen the full course for $10000 and up, and some dont include books and head set!

And 4 inch deep.. and sized for lilliputians apparently :s0140:

For that much, just get a 6x8 to 8x12 cargo trailer and build the inside out? :eek:
I actually intended to build a tiny travel trailer, and bought a little flatbed, but during the build I broke my knee, and I never got back to it. I ended up using the flatbed as a water hauling trailer.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top