JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I drove a tow truck for 13+ years. Seriously - people loose their sh!t when their vehicle gets impounded or moved without their consent. And the suggestion of towing it out of the way with a tow strap? Dunno about Georgia, but in Oregon you open yourself up to the charge of Unauthorized Use of a Motor Vehicle - a felony. You're also now liable for any damage caused during the move. IF the only goal was to get the car out of the way - they could've tried waking the dude up and asking him to park instead of calling the cops - but this guy wasn't just taking a nap - he was passed out drunk. Which means he'd already been driving drunk - a lot of people want to give him a pass for that. He's already shown reckless disregard for other's safety. He was on probation for felonies and faced going back to prison. Brooks made the decision to escalate and turn it into a fight that got deadly.
Yup, that was part of my lesson learned. In WA it is illegal to move someone's car, and I get it.

Funny thing though, (I work for the city) I had my city vehicle towed from a parking lot whilst I was doing my work. Didn't notice it. The city vehicle was missing for a full week. We had it written-off as stolen. (we do have a problem with our vehicles being stolen from worksites)
Finally was dropped off at my work a week later.
When the vehicle was towed, I was nearby (working in traffic with an entire city crew) and the city vehicle was clearly marked all over as a city DOT vehicle. Tow truck driver could have easily walked over 20 feet and asked any of the city workers if that was one of our vehicle.
So, although the rules are well written, doesn't stop people from being a jerk anyways.

These situations where cops are summarily fired without due process is going to cost the legal system, and us taxpayers, big time. There will be so many lawsuits. Everybody wants instant activist judgement but forgets that the laws haven't, and won't, change.

There's a reason most officers are placed on some type of leave before being fired. It saves the legal hassle.

I wonder if these officials all around the US who summarily fire people to try and "prevent" violence have put 2 and 2 together yet? The violence occurs anyway (wonder why?) and now there will be a legal battle to LOSE and probably a second round of violence when most officers are re-instated. If the CCP Virus is still creating idle time for everyone, there'll be ever more riots.

Can you imagine being a Chinese Communist Party official these days? Knowing that the disease that you helped to spread to the world is having the (un?)intended consequence of really ramping-up social unrest in spoiled societies?
I bet the CCP is grinning ear to ear. It is indeed of their planning and orchestration! Useful idiots everywhere to be used at their pleasure and weak-kneed officials unwilling to take a strong stance. To some extent I don't blame them due to Ruby Ridge, Malhuer County, and a few others I can't put my finger on at the moment. They just ran amok killing people.

There were 4 choices made that ended his life.
1. Drink and drive, his choice
2. Resist arrest, his choice
3. Fight two police officers, his choice
4. Grab a cops tazer, fire it at him. His choice

All of those choices were his to make, he chose poorly on each one.
If you fight someone with a gun you risk it being used on you.
Justified in my book.
For each of these choices.
209e12f2703c2ec07d22ddfd9b5f9f27.gif

And yet we are tearing ourselves apart as a nation over half a dozen questionable deaths of black felons the past two years?

That's the power of the Ministry of Propaganda. "The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary." -- H.L. Mencken

my argument is always the same I can defend myself quite well, my children cannot, what stops some people from attacking my kids, my wife, my home? Fear of consequences.

That fear of consequences still exists, cops or no cops. Certainly, you will be motivated to train your wife, and she will be motivated to accept that training, if she can no longer delude herself that the cops are protecting her ("When seconds count, a cop is only minutes away"). And kids can be trained too. If there were fewer adverse reactions from the government, for shooting criminals, then more criminals would end up getting shot. The main function of police and government seems to be, to deter righteous defense by prospective victims.

So, how do you tell a BLM protester that a dozen blacks killed per year is not a big deal and NOT have your town burned?

I don't know; maybe by shooting anyone carrying a molotov cocktail? Obviously, things will get messy for a while until the new reality sinks into peoples' heads. But rioting/looting happens because there are no consequences. The obvious remedy is to make some.

I don't know; maybe by shooting anyone carrying a molotov cocktail? Obviously, things will get messy for a while until the new reality sinks into peoples' heads. But rioting/looting happens because there are no consequences. The obvious remedy is to make some.

With the occasional threats of "we're going to go into neighborhoods" I, personally, would consider a group of people in a residential neighborhood with molotov's fair game for being shot. There's very, very few circumstances where it's "OK" to take pre-emptive measures against perceived threats. I would think the moment a molotov is lighted, it should be defensible in a court of law to pre-emptively open fire. Yes? No?
Can "the system" say it is OK for someone's home to be set alight with their family inside? With nowhere to run but out to a mob?
I think this is the real reason these people don't come into neighborhoods.

That fear of consequences still exists, cops or no cops. Certainly, you will be motivated to train your wife, and she will be motivated to accept that training, if she can no longer delude herself that the cops are protecting her ("When seconds count, a cop is only minutes away"). And kids can be trained too. If there were fewer adverse reactions from the government, for shooting criminals, then more criminals would end up getting shot. The main function of police and government seems to be, to deter righteous defense by prospective victims.

No attack, not a stab, no judgment

Do you have young kids?
No amount of training can emotionally prepare a child for an armed conflict. No amount of training can make a child swallow their fear the way an adult can. No amount of training can make a parent not feel guilt when their child is murdered. The guilt of not being there when it happens to try and stop it. Having a local police department is a deterrent like it or not. When you work 30 minutes away from home a cop 10 minutes away beats your reaction time 10 out of 10 times.

Do you have young kids?
No amount of training can emotionally prepare a child for an armed conflict. No amount of training can make a child swallow their fear the way an adult can.

I know of a situation of needing to draw a firearm against an attacker with a child present.
It was very unfortunate because the child's reaction totally made the situation far worse. The child is trained on how to use firearms, and is used to them. But the child's emotions totally overtook him in the most unpredictable way.
It is not ever good to have to respond to a threat with children around!

Enjoyed most of his movies my whole life. Clint turning into a Hollywood putz won't be saving his movies from the liberal chopping block. Buy or record them if you plan on watching them in the near future.

Tasers don't just work from the cartridge fired probes - they also have a contact-stun functionality - thats what they first attempted on Brooks during the struggle.

brooks fired the taser in the air After fleeing and the Officer shooting occurred after brooks had time to turn around and start to run. Look, I'm all for the police, I'm just being pragmatic about the facts I see in the video I hope for the officers sake there are additional facts that will support his actions and defense.

brooks fired the taser in the air After fleeing and the Officer shooting occurred after brooks had time to turn around and start to run. Look, I'm all for the police, I'm just being pragmatic about the facts I see in the video I hope for the officers sake there are additional facts that will support his actions and defense.

Not in the video I saw. He appeared to aim the taser at the cop.

P

Watch the last few seconds. Taser was discharged and brooks had time to turn and was running away when officer made the decision to shoot.

In the critical moments in question Mr. Brooks never stopped running. And Brooks appears to already have had his side or back turned to Officer Rolfe when he discharged the Taser. The time between the Taser discharge and the firearms discharge by Rolfe appears to be 2-3 seconds or less.

Brooks appears not to have released the Taser until after he is hit by gun fire. It would be useful to know if the Taser barbs hit Rolfe. It would seem they did not but it's unclear.

It would be useful to know if the Taser barbs hit Rolfe. It would seem they did not but it's unclear.
It appears that Officer Rolfe stumbles into the rear quarter panel of the red car immediately after Brooks points the taser at him and it emits a bright light.
Unclear to me if the stumble is the result of a taser hit by Brooks or if Rolfe is attempting to get off the X and just bumps into the car...

Last Edited:
I know of a situation of needing to draw a firearm against an attacker with a child present.
It was very unfortunate because the child's reaction totally made the situation far worse. The child is trained on how to use firearms, and is used to them. But the child's emotions totally overtook him in the most unpredictable way.
It is not ever good to have to respond to a threat with children around!

Man I'd love to hear the details on this.

It appears that Officer Rolfe stumbles into the rear quarter panel of the red car immediately after Brooks points the taser at him and it emits a bright light.
Unclear to me if the stumble is the result of a taser hit by Brooks or if Rolfe is attempting to get off the X and just bumps into the car...
It could also be that Rolfe simply didn't see the red car. There's a lot of research, going back decades, on how people in high stress situations, including police and people acting in self-defense, often develop tunnel vision (here are some articles on the subject: #1 and #2 and #3 and #4). It could be that, in the final critical moments, Brooks and the Taser he carried were about the only things Rolfe could see.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top