JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The guy was sleeping in his car, right? Seems to me the first problem is, rousting a guy sleeping in his car. Would they rather he was out there, driving sleepy (or drunk)?

He took a taser that was (presumably, don't know the details) going to be used on him. I'm not a real fan of tasers.
Experts say trooper's use of Taser on woman raises questions

To me, it looks like a bad shoot. I know the world is full of bubblegums and violent bums, but come on.

Since when do bad shoots during an arrest result in felony murder charges? This guy is facing the death penalty. There are people who beat babies to death who usually only face 2nd degree murder charges. He wasn't fleeing when he turned around and aimed the taser at the officer.. He already attacked the officers, resisted arrest. He was sleeping in the middle of the Drive-Thru not in the parking lot. He was blocking people who were trying to go through drive-thru at wendy's. Highly doubt any cop would have came if he didn't pass out right at the drive-thru.

There is no way it was murder. The police officers feared for their lives and had the obligation to go and tackle this guy who seemed quite hell bent at taking down the officers and killing them. He definitely reached for a weapon and would have definitely have shot dead both these officers had he had the opportunity.

Fine, if police are not allowed to do their job and get felony murder charges and death penalty for making a mistake in an arrest of a violent criminal then nobody will be police officers anymore.

Now we get the dream of a police free society..It actually might work out if we had organized groups of militas patrolling neighborhoods and didn't have all these damn laws that incriminate law abiding citizens and coddling criminals. WIth less cops there will definitely be more criminals on the prowl and your chances of having to shoot a bad guy and face these same prosecutors will increase.

Just be open to the world you will be living in. It is not like they just walked up to him, said get out of the car and shot him dead.. That would be 1st Degree Murder, not this crap... If it was a black guy shooting a white guy, guarantee it wouldn't even be a manslaughter charge.

This whole thing is a witchhunt.. THe officers feared for their lives and at worst it could be manslaughter, but I dont even think it should be that considered he stopped and pointed a weapon that could have incapacitated the officer.

Only Murder 1 requires premeditation.

Murder 2 is also a capitol crime, but no premeditation is required for the charge.

Only Murder 1 requires premeditation.

Murder 2 is also a capitol crime, but no premeditation is required for the charge.
Can you receive the death penalty for 2nd degree murder? I think they are going for murder 1. They will try to make a claim he saw the suspect was black and with inherit white police officer racism plotted the fatal attack and aggession against the innocent victim which led to the cold blooded killing. Im just thinking of how they will spin it.

Considering this is Fulton county, very liberal and 50% black , this officer is probably already guilty. I doubt he will get a fair trial.

Plus, these are just charges. We will have to wait what, 1-2 years to see how this plays out. Part of me thinks they are over-charging due to the current climate, and let it play out in court.

Plus, these are just charges. We will have to wait what, 1-2 years to see how this plays out. Part of me thinks they are over-charging due to the current climate, and let it play out in court.
Yes, see the link to Judge Napolitano's opinion in my post immediately above yours. I think this is an attempt to appease The Mob while eventually getting justice for all.

Cannot see how Atlanta will keep a police department after its own mayor and DA have declared war on it. Wasnt doubting they are overcharging, but its obviously fueled by race and hatred of law enforcement. They are capitulating to the mobs at the expense of their police department.

I just think very soon we will see mass exodus of police away from liberal urban police departments. These cities wont have to defund or disband their police forces, it will be done for them.

Didnt take long, i saw this coming and i bet this is just the beginning.

The second Burning of Atlanta is soon to begin...

They demanded that the police be abolished. They got it. Sleep in your bed now, Atlanta. Nighty night... :s0162:

The guy was sleeping in his car, right? Seems to me the first problem is, rousting a guy sleeping in his car. Would they rather he was out there, driving sleepy (or drunk)?

He took a taser that was (presumably, don't know the details) going to be used on him. I'm not a real fan of tasers.

"Well, I feel if I would have shot a guy in the back holding a taser it would be a very hard case for a civilian like me to fight in court."

Cops' lives are obviously worth more than yours, peon. ;)

To me, it looks like a bad shoot. I know the world is full of bubblegums and violent bums, but come on.
This guy was sleeping in his car in a Wendy's drive thru.
He feel asleep waiting to get his order.

Social media is saying there's been a massive walkout. And the Sheriff's Dept has supposedly told the mayor to pound sand with regards to them backfilling. Atlanta leaders are saying they are adequately staffed. But call traffic on radio apps is supposedly down with lots of "no response" being reported.

The only thing that surprises me about this is that it took so long to happen.

Social media is saying there's been a massive walkout. And the Sheriff's Dept has supposedly told the mayor to pound sand with regards to them backfilling. Atlanta leaders are saying they are adequately staffed. But call traffic on radio apps is supposedly down with lots of "no response" being reported.

The only thing that surprises me about this is that it took so long to happen.
Good .
I think this is just my opinion.
But I think every police department and Sheriff department.
Should just stay home call in sick or what ever for a few days.
Let everyone one know what it would be like with out law enforcement.
People are going to die .
But not people that are prepared.
Just a thought.

From 3 hours ago

We can just call it TAKE A COP FISHING DAY.
lol so next Friday everyone just invite a cop to call in sick and go fishing.
Lol .
Don't go to work go fishing.

Good .
I think this is just my opinion.
But I think every police department and Sheriff department.
Should just stay home call in sick or what ever for a few days.
Let everyone one know what it would be like with out law enforcement.
People are going to die .
But not people that are prepared.
Just a thought.
It is not just your opinion. I've been saying the police should stand down for years.

I hate that it's come to this but sometimes people have to learn the hard way. They should ALL stand down and not come back until the public is truly BEGGING. People need to see what it's like with the animals in charge. It's the ONLY way we will eliminate all of the nonsense. :rolleyes:

I went fishing today and Guess what I didn't see .
Lol I didn't see anything that had to do with protests.
Except the fish was protesting the fact that he was caught.
LOL

"Well, I feel if I would have shot a guy in the back holding a taser it would be a very hard case for a civilian like me to fight in court."

Cops' lives are obviously worth more than yours, peon. ;)

Have you watched the videos of the incident?

He wasn't "sleeping in his car" in a Wendy's parking lot. He was passed out drunk in the drive thru - other cars had to drive around him. He blew a .108 on the field brethalyzer after admitting to being drinking at a party at his sister's house.

Fun extra tidbit - he was on probation for child abuse - so his DUII arrest meant he was likely headed back to prison.

Police had 30+ minutes of peaceful, respectful contact with him right up to the point they told him he was under arrest. THEN he decides to go rage monster and fight them. The officers attempted to subdue him. One pulls his taser as the two wreslted him on teh ground without actually shocking him. Brooks then punches this officer in the head, wrestles the taser from him, and tosses him on his head as he regains his footing. Officer Rolfe - the one who killed him, gets up and attempts to deploy his own taser - still not trying to kill Brooks yet. The taser failed.

Brooks runs, Rolfe gets to his feet and is hot on his heels, in the Wendy's security cam video you see Rolfe chasing Brooks, with his left arm outstretched, still with the taser out - Rolfe was still trying to tase him. When Brooks, still armed with the other officer's taser turns and actually fires the taser toward officer Rolfe, Rolfe makes the decision to drop his own taser and go lethal. 3 shots fired, 2 hit Brooks. One hit an occupied vehicle down range.

Rolfe's partner suffered a concussion in the incident and was slow to get back in the fight, by the time he got up and joined the chase, Rolfe had shot Brooks.

They're making a big deal that it took 2 minutes before they began to render aid, and they're alleging that the officers "stood" on Brooks.

The Georgia Bureau of Investigation was tasked with investigating the shooting, they haven't finished their investigation or made recommendations. The DA - who is up for re-election - decided to press charges anyway, then grand stand about how in the future he won't be taking charges agaisnt cops before a Grand Jury, and just charging them straight away.

I used to think this was a morally bad, but legally justified shoot. After learning that Rolfe's partner was concussed and not back in the fight - I think its not only legally justified but morally justified. The same DA pressing charges against the cops declared in an earlier case that tasers are deadly weapons - Brooks had already committed DUII and had endangered others. He was on probation for a violent crime. His already poor judgement was clouded further by alcohol. Rayshard Brooks is solely responsible for what happened that night.

And the fact that it was caught by a little girl.
Lol hahaha 22342.jpeg

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads