JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Just looking for a good every day pocket knife (folder). Budget would be under $100.

I'm a casual user and I don' necessarily take all that good care of them. Have had a few cheap ones that I abuse till no longer useful. I use them to cut anything I think needs cut, pry something that I can't get a finger under, pound something that needs a good pounding, etc. etc.

I have decided I should take better care of these things and plan on buying a sharpening tool (still researching this issue) and learning what I can.

Anyway, any suggestions for a good all around pocket knife??

Kershaw 1670BLKST.

Ive had it for 12+ years. Assisted opener. Just cut myself looking for the model number hahahaha!

I think they are 50-60 new. Found mine used for $25. Still has a good 10 years of hard abuse in it still or more imo.

Don't get a fancy knife, you wont want to use it...

I lied. There is a JUN 04 marking on the blade so I've had it 11 years.

Ground off one of the thumb studs because I caught it on a wodden chair but other then that I just keep it sharp and use the heck out of it. If I can't have a fixed blade on me I have this Kershaw.

image.jpg image.jpg

EDIT: $62 on Amazon, many different options on blade type.

Last Edited:
I got this as SWAG last month. It is a little on the large side but a good compromise on size. The sharp portion of the blade is just under 3-1/4" so legal pretty much everywhere.

Toothpick and tweezers + the main blade locks. The longer I have this the more I like it.

8816998219806_vm_54877--111_sol_front_a_25979_tif_1.jpg
<broken link removed>

Main blade locking was going to be my first question :cool:

Too many memories of my beloved swiss army knives folding over my fingers while whittling as a kid.

After I had learned a lot of painful lessons, I thought locking folders were the best thing next to PB&J.

I think my first was a kershaw - that still hangs on a hunting pack...

Benchmade Mini Griptilian has been my carry knife for about 5 years now. I really like the knife, not too big, not too small, really sharp and feels good in my hand. They usually run from $80-$90. Serrated and non-serrated blades available. They open easily and lock nice and tight - and I really like the feel of the blade release. If I ever lost it though I might consider that Kershaw Joe recommended, if for nothing more than saving some $$

img-benchmade-mini-griptilian-01.jpg

I'll add another vote for the blur. Have had mind for several years now. Sharpened occasionally. Used daily, mostly to open boxes.

Bought a few extras about 5 months mostly because I was able to get them for 20 a piece.

Kershaw 1670BLKST.

Ive had it for 12+ years. Assisted opener. Just cut myself looking for the model number hahahaha!

I think they are 50-60 new. Found mine used for $25. Still has a good 10 years of hard abuse in it still or more imo.

Don't get a fancy knife, you wont want to use it...

+1 with Joe, on the Kershaw 1670 BLKST! They are tough as nails, hold an excellent edge and the assist opens the blade very fast and easy! It's a Ken Onion design and I use the krp out of mine! It's a drop point tonto with 1/3 serrations! They're not expensive and you'll like 'em for sure!
BTW, mine was made in 2008. :cool:

I recommend for a pocket knife - nothing fancy a Kershaw black gulch. I have never worn one out. I have given several away and lost one. To me they are a very good knife.

I sometimes carry a Kershaw. It's a 1660. A very good slicer. The blade is not very strong, however. Not real good for anything other than slicing. Assisted open. Under $50 bucks street price.
I also sometimes carry a CRKT M16 (has a Z something in the model name) It has a good strong blade. It has a very strong locking system. Still pretty good for slicing, and also good for other uses. Under $40 bucks street price.

Try as I might, I always lose folding knives.
Mostly due to work, they either get covered in resin, left in a crawlspace or attic or atop my truck as I drive off from a job.
..Even the decent quality expensive ones.
So, I just pick up "Coast" knives.

While they arent expensive, they hold up pretty well to my abuse I dish out.

Unless its a fixed blade, I dont spend good money on folding knives anymore.

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top