JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I was in Habitat Restore and saw what reminded me of the carpet knives my grandpa had. Picked it up, and it certainly wasn't one.
Took it home and sharpened it. Takes an edge beautifully and keeps it.
It's marked C+R Loo, West Germany.
Anyone know anything about these?

IMG_20230819_183118690.jpg

It is a lead knife…used for cutting lead that is used in making stained glass arrangements.

Edit to add: But that doesn't mean you can't use it to skin something.

Last Edited:
I was in Habitat Restore and saw what reminded me of the carpet knives my grandpa had. Picked it up, and it certainly wasn't one.
Took it home and sharpened it. Takes an edge beautifully and keeps it.
It's marked C+R Loo, West Germany.
Anyone know anything about these?

View attachment 1473102
It is a lead knife…used for cutting lead that is used in making stained glass arrangements.

Edit to add: But that doesn't mean you can't use it to skin something.
Didn't know that but it's backwards from an old time carpet/ linoleum knife.
Are you sure that ain't a cheese knife from an old Hickory Farms gift set? :s0153:

Not dolls, huh? Barbie was an action figure too when Malibu Barbie and GI Joe would do the bad thing.
Well….. we won't go into detail about posing the two together into "compromising positions" and LOAO thinking it was hilarious….. but at least they had their own room because we had plenty of cardboard boxes to play with, too…. but that was so our parents wouldn't see our 8-10yr old depravity.

:s0131:

:s0140:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews