JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Just looking for a good every day pocket knife (folder). Budget would be under $100.

I'm a casual user and I don' necessarily take all that good care of them. Have had a few cheap ones that I abuse till no longer useful. I use them to cut anything I think needs cut, pry something that I can't get a finger under, pound something that needs a good pounding, etc. etc.

I have decided I should take better care of these things and plan on buying a sharpening tool (still researching this issue) and learning what I can.

Anyway, any suggestions for a good all around pocket knife??

Kershaw 1670BLKST.

Ive had it for 12+ years. Assisted opener. Just cut myself looking for the model number hahahaha!

I think they are 50-60 new. Found mine used for $25. Still has a good 10 years of hard abuse in it still or more imo.

Don't get a fancy knife, you wont want to use it...

I lied. There is a JUN 04 marking on the blade so I've had it 11 years.

Ground off one of the thumb studs because I caught it on a wodden chair but other then that I just keep it sharp and use the heck out of it. If I can't have a fixed blade on me I have this Kershaw.

image.jpg image.jpg

EDIT: $62 on Amazon, many different options on blade type.

Last Edited:
I got this as SWAG last month. It is a little on the large side but a good compromise on size. The sharp portion of the blade is just under 3-1/4" so legal pretty much everywhere.

Toothpick and tweezers + the main blade locks. The longer I have this the more I like it.

8816998219806_vm_54877--111_sol_front_a_25979_tif_1.jpg
<broken link removed>

Main blade locking was going to be my first question :cool:

Too many memories of my beloved swiss army knives folding over my fingers while whittling as a kid.

After I had learned a lot of painful lessons, I thought locking folders were the best thing next to PB&J.

I think my first was a kershaw - that still hangs on a hunting pack...

Benchmade Mini Griptilian has been my carry knife for about 5 years now. I really like the knife, not too big, not too small, really sharp and feels good in my hand. They usually run from $80-$90. Serrated and non-serrated blades available. They open easily and lock nice and tight - and I really like the feel of the blade release. If I ever lost it though I might consider that Kershaw Joe recommended, if for nothing more than saving some $$

img-benchmade-mini-griptilian-01.jpg

I'll add another vote for the blur. Have had mind for several years now. Sharpened occasionally. Used daily, mostly to open boxes.

Bought a few extras about 5 months mostly because I was able to get them for 20 a piece.

Kershaw 1670BLKST.

Ive had it for 12+ years. Assisted opener. Just cut myself looking for the model number hahahaha!

I think they are 50-60 new. Found mine used for $25. Still has a good 10 years of hard abuse in it still or more imo.

Don't get a fancy knife, you wont want to use it...

+1 with Joe, on the Kershaw 1670 BLKST! They are tough as nails, hold an excellent edge and the assist opens the blade very fast and easy! It's a Ken Onion design and I use the krp out of mine! It's a drop point tonto with 1/3 serrations! They're not expensive and you'll like 'em for sure!
BTW, mine was made in 2008. :cool:

I recommend for a pocket knife - nothing fancy a Kershaw black gulch. I have never worn one out. I have given several away and lost one. To me they are a very good knife.

I sometimes carry a Kershaw. It's a 1660. A very good slicer. The blade is not very strong, however. Not real good for anything other than slicing. Assisted open. Under $50 bucks street price.
I also sometimes carry a CRKT M16 (has a Z something in the model name) It has a good strong blade. It has a very strong locking system. Still pretty good for slicing, and also good for other uses. Under $40 bucks street price.

Try as I might, I always lose folding knives.
Mostly due to work, they either get covered in resin, left in a crawlspace or attic or atop my truck as I drive off from a job.
..Even the decent quality expensive ones.
So, I just pick up "Coast" knives.

While they arent expensive, they hold up pretty well to my abuse I dish out.

Unless its a fixed blade, I dont spend good money on folding knives anymore.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top