JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I still have my very first pocket knife. Its an "Old Timer" just like my dad used to carry. He gave it to me for my birthday when I was 14. I still have it all these years later, but I am too scared to carry it, in case I lose it.

I carry a ZT, and have found it fits every bill I've tried to pay with it.

I have a rotation

Skyline - just gave that away, something I didn't like about the ratio of blade length
Blur - had 2, gave one away, will not give up the other, may get one in orange
Cryo - and looking at a Cryo 2
Tenacious - and I don't like anything about their knives, especially the silly hole
M16 ( I have an M21 in the garage, gave an M16 to my daughter in the Navy and and M21SF to my Nephew in the All Americans )
Drifter - I just like it better than Skyline - no reason just seems more 'right'
RAT 1 - strapped in my motorcycle gear
I daily carry a Leatherman Skeleton - for work it is a "tool" not a "knife" nor "weapon"

I have a stainless steel Morakniv Mora which I don't carry but lives in the car - unlikely to rust
I also have one in the garage, one by the gas shut off an another in the shed, oh, and one in the wife's garden bucket. $14 -

I got the Husky folding razor blade for work. They don't have a problem with that. But my ZT 350 scared the crap out of them (too big and scary "swack" as it opens)

My Old Timer used to be in my Dopp, but then 9/11 happened and it sits in the dresser.
I do have a Swiss Army knife, I rarely carry it.

I have a couple other fixed blade knives around the house. Schrades'

I have a keep-sake WW2 knife from my dad. Because.
I have a POS "k-bar like survival knife" which was one of the first knives I bought my self, when I was in Boy Scouts.
I have not seen my "scout knife" in years. Mine was green. 'Cause it was a Girl-Scout knife :)

www.knifecenter.com

Now you got me looking again, this looks pretty, and they have the magic word SALE

Kershaw 1555G10BW Cryo Assisted 2-3/4" Blackwash Plain Blade, G10 and Stainless Steel Handles, Rick Hinderer Design
1555G10BW.jpg

And this one -- note the difference in grip material

1555BWa.jpg

I knew this was a dangerous thread!

20151030_101620.jpg

So that is my brand new Ontario RAT 2
Next to the box cutter my company approves of.

The RAT 2 is a good EDC, office carry knife.
Light
4 position clip
I get 4 fingers on the grip, although the pinky is half off
there is Jimping, not too aggressive.
Grip looks like G10, but it is not, just plastic.
Liner lock
Sharp out of the box - I rolled a page in a glossy Christmas ad I got, it sliced it.

I read this on an EDC thread. For office carry consider hitting the knife with some Duracoat - Yellow or Orange is associated with SAFETY - instead of black tactical assault knives.

Recommended.

Last Edited:
Buck-110-Folding-Hunter.jpg

I've been carrying the same Buck 110 in my pocket for 30 years. It's been used to open hay bales, split kindling, skin a deer, and as a screwdriver. Still tight and usable.

I have a rotation
I kinda do this also,but I just get a new knife and rotate the old 1 to the knife shelf
I love how y'all say you have the same knife for 30 years and such. heck I have lost so many knives by leaving them some place at work or on my bumper. Or giving them to someone.
I generally do Spyderco or Benchmade for EDC. I have Moras all over also. I gave a blank to the local leather guy cause I didn't think he charged me enough. He put a handle on it and uses it daily at his shop.
This is my new EDC. It was on close out so may have been and earlier model
http://www.midwayusa.com/product/16...4-cm-stainless-steel-blade-valox-handle-black

I was a knife collector for many years. Stopped collecting knives when I started buying guns. So, I have many to choose from depending on what I am doing that day. My regular EDC is a Strider SnG. Strong sturdy knife. For the Sunday dress, it would be a Mayo. For a camp knife, it would be one of Bill Siegle's knives. Note, he is a member here and makes awesome fixed blade knives.

Call me crazy but my everyday carry is a Benchmade 5000 SBT auto. Its a spendy one but I beat on it and it takes it all. After about 4 years the springs broke so I sent it in and was fixed for free and had a new blade put in for 40 bucks.

benchmade_zpsalgm0v3f.jpg

In my opinion, the best EDC knife deal going right now is the H&K/Benchmade FLAK from Big 5 Sports. They've had them on sale for $19.00 (regular price of $44.99) and there's just about always a 10% off coupon or $10.00 off purchase of $50.00 (buy three knives....;)) you can stack on at the register.

No, not the same quality as a full-blooded Benchmade, and I'd prefer a non-serrated blade, but they really are good quality knives and you won't cry when you lose it or break it using the blade as a pry-bar, screwdriver, etc. They make great gifts too.

Last Edited:
I know the OP already bought his knife/had his question answered, but figured I'd add my two cents...

I carry two knives as well.
Small Victorinox on my keychain w/quick release swivel - small scissors come in very handy.
Don't use the blade much; Locking blade is a must for me.

Second knife is a Kershaw clipped to my pocket - Love Kershaw knives! Daily carry is a Cryo. Also like the Skyline for EDC.
Both great knives. Well under $100 and solid performers.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top