JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
One more option for inexpensive, but decent quality knives - this 2 pack on Amazon. Bought some recently for a trip, had them shipped ahead to avoid the airline, and expected to toss them in the trash after I was done. Quality was better than I thought. Great knife if you expect you'll lose it. They'll hold an edge for a while and they look and feel good. I decided to keep them and ship them back home with a few other items I had to ship. Great deal for $6 total shipped (if you have Prime):

http://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00GXFNUIK?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00

View attachment 255641
Ill check that out!

Eugene Fred Meyer on division in Santa Clara has clearance on all Coast[emoji768] folding knives. Got mine 3 weeks ago $6 brand new in box with lifetime warranty ImageUploadedByTapatalk1441962738.875761.jpg
May want to call and see that they have them left in stock

Thanks to everyone for all the helpful info. I really appreciate it.

First I looked at what I wanted a knife for in the first place.
Second after looking around in general decided I wanted Kershaw or Benchmade as they are both made close to me in Oregon.
Then started looking at inventory and comparing priced for different styles and types.
Finally settled on a Kershaw Kuro ($18). Have had it a couple of weeks now and so far fits the bill just as I hoped.

Again, thanks to all that took their time help me out.

Great thread. I'll have to re-look at it. One thing though, carry two "knives". I carry a Spyderco Endura, 4" blade that I keep absolutely sharp.. and an aluminum scaled Victorinox Pioneer.. both in my right pocket, with the little folder in the bottom but with a knotted lanyard accessible, and of course the other clipped.

I got this as SWAG last month. It is a little on the large side but a good compromise on size. The sharp portion of the blade is just under 3-1/4" so legal pretty much everywhere.

Toothpick and tweezers + the main blade locks. The longer I have this the more I like it.

View attachment 253814
<broken link removed>
I bought 6 of those from Fred Meyer sporting goods about 3 years ago when they had them on clearance for 70% off the lowest discount price which was less than $8 each! Made every male family member so happy for Christmas that year! I'm sort of shocked to see them cost $70

pocket knives are a personal thing for one that has carried one since I could walk so my advice won't necessarily be the best for you.
However Kershaw makes good knifes (not that I own any) but some time about this time a year they have a once a year warehouse sale that is worth standing in line for. I have bought many a Christmas present at those sales. And yes you will stand in a long line but the prices will reward you.

This thread made me want to clean my knives for some reason and do a little tlc on the most used ones I own. Here is a snapshot of my workhorses. Most are daily carries depending on how I am dressed I may use a variety of folders. The go to are usually the blur or the leek. When wearing something more formal it's the boker, chive, or browning.

On the left are all my hunting or backpacking knives. One of these is usually with me on a hike or hunt. Depending on the type of hike or hunt. Favoritism usually goes to the Sog Kiku when overnighting on any hike. The bottom four are usually skinners or processors. However I'm thinking of getting some good kydex holsters made for the OKC rat and Benchmade hunter to carry them more while hiking. I've been thinking of adding similar cuts to the kabar as the Benchmade near the tip for skinning. I love this knife for skinning everything from squirrel to blacktail, but I have a decent scar on my index fingertip that loves to remind me how easy it is to loose that tip while in a cape going by feel.

Anyways, thought I'd share as this thread kind of gave me the push to clean, sharpen, and oil my workhorses.

Question for you, how often do you maintain your knives?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1443223092.498567.jpg

Benchmade Hunt series
I just got one of these, and HOLY COW are they awesome. It was $140, so does not fit the criteria, above, but it is awesome. Not just a Hunting Knife. It will be my EDC, until I get lucky and get a 940-1 from the Mrs. The Hunt Series may not be the lightest EDC, but man is it usable and awesome. I really like mine.

Did I say it was "awesome" yet... cause it is.

Believe it or not, I use these. I needed something I don't care about here on the ranch and seems like any folder I buy I fall into my old habits of taking really good care of them.
These I can change blades rather than taking time to sharpen, they're sharp, cut through bailing twine in a flash. The strings just 'pop'. And they're cheap.

6d15344a-3508-4a73-aa02-e71b69ecd12e_400.jpg

Believe it or not, I use these. I needed something I don't care about here on the ranch and seems like any folder I buy I fall into my old habits of taking really good care of them.
These I can change blades rather than taking time to sharpen, they're sharp, cut through bailing twine in a flash. The strings just 'pop'. And they're cheap.

View attachment 260070

This is what my dad caries every day. I suppose for the same reason.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top