JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
There are some junk AR build videos on Youtube, so beware.
Here is what I consider to be the best, free AR Build Video series.
Professionally done by a gunsmith...
https://www.brownells.com/guntech/how-to-build-an-ar/index.htm

While better than most, there are still holes in the Brownells videos. The lack of AEROSHELL 33MS (or other anti-seize compound, like Loctite C5a) on the barrel and castle nuts come to mind as does the uber weak stacking.

I would suggest downloading a copy of AR TM 9-1005-319-23&P - I believe Nov 2008 is the latest and use both the videos and the tech manual.

The first two parts came in, the trigger and the KAK Blade "protector". So I've got a part of the middle and one end.
Not much of a start, but it's a beginning.

BTW, if anyone is looking for a KAK brace & buffer tube I will have one or two spares.

I couldn't remember if the upper had an ejector cover and forward assist. So while I affirmed that they're included, I noticed that it also comes with a KAK brace & buffer tube. :rolleyes:

I'm going to buy an SBA brace and that will give her a choice. *After it's gifted to her.

20190708_164035.jpg

Last Edited:
I just ordered the (hopefully) last part to finish it off. A black Punisher Girl trigger guard to go with the grip & extended take down pins with same.

The pins and guard are black with white, but the grip is all black and very subtle.
In fact with my eyes it's hard for me to see because it just disappears into the texture.

I won't know until it's finished, but I think that's enough bling type stuff to be personal to her yet still be a practical firearm. Kinda' like her. ;)

Now I'm impatient to get started.
nice! make sure your trigger and hammer springs are on correctly!! :)

@Kruel J , I bought a Sig Romeo & ten Pmags in a package deal from PSA. I bought a rear MBUS, but I don't remember which brand at the moment.
I figure with a 10.5" barrel it definitely has a long enough sight radius to merit one.

@Kruel J , I bought a Sig Romeo & ten Pmags in a package deal from PSA. I bought a rear MBUS, but I don't remember which brand at the moment.
I figure with a 10.5" barrel it definitely has a long enough sight radius to merit one.

Nice!! Good glass for the scratch. And PMags, lovely PMags. I have LOTS of them and I can never resist when PSA puts them on sale for 8.99 and free shipping. I don't even open the boxes when they show up, just stack them with the others. :p

The first two parts came in, the trigger and the KAK Blade "protector". So I've got a part of the middle and one end.
Not much of a start, but it's a beginning.

BTW, if anyone is looking for a KAK brace & buffer tube I will have one or two spares.

I couldn't remember if the upper had an ejector cover and forward assist. So while I affirmed that they're included, I noticed that it also comes with a KAK brace & buffer tube. :rolleyes:

I'm going to buy an SBA brace and that will give her a choice. *After it's gifted to her.

View attachment 598700
You DO realize the SBP makes the Blade a "stock" according to ATF, right?

This was Will Larson's recommended tools for his classes, that what I started with and went crazy from there...

-Complete set of flat steel punches (Starrett Pin Punch set recommended)
1/16, 5/64, 3/32, 1/8, 5/32

-Complete set of roll pin holders (starter punches)

-Complete set of roll pin punches

-1″ Nylon and Brass Gunsmithing Hammer

-Small to medium pair of needle nose pliers.

-Large flat tip screwdriver or variable tip screwdriver set.

-Bolt Catch Pin Punch- http://www.brownells.com/gunsmith-t...bly-tools/bolt-catch-pin-punch-prod26484.aspx

-Pivot Pin Installation Tool- http://www.brownells.com/gunsmith-t...t-pin-detent-installation-tool-prod26488.aspx

That Obsidian kit I linked above will get you by if you don't want to invest in a full set of punches.

Nope, no it's not. :eek:

You haven't lived til you've crawled on your hands and knees looking for a spring or detent at 11 o'clock at night with a shoot planned for your new build at 8 the next morning. :rolleyes::D

The blade protector shouldn't be an issue if I read the most recent legal mumbo jumbo correctly. But it probably won't be an issue since the SBA looks a whole lot more comfortable.

The KAKs could wind up in one of my "Good Idea at the Time" boxes.

The blade protector shouldn't be an issue if I read the most recent legal mumbo jumbo correctly. But it probably won't be an issue since the SBA looks a whole lot more comfortable.

The KAKs could wind up in one of my "Good Idea at the Time" boxes.

I stopped using KAK's when the SBA3 came out. It's just better.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top