JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Okay, I just bought an anderson stripped lower from Classic Firearms and I bought the new Larue trigger that was in the classifieds here.

That's pretty much all of the parts, so let the waiting begin.

Just buy a stripped anderson lower.

I am concerned she won't like the shockwave. A hard plastic edge is no super comfortable.

I suggest an SBA3 + splitfix as a solution.

Use the trigger that comes with it, and I would leave it as is. When/if you want to upgrade, just get a geiselle G2s.
Great sound advice right here, that's the path I'd follow and indeed did follow with my .300 AAC Blackout build

7BC10F59-BD09-4D52-8FDF-11DBA65B940D.jpeg

You'll have better luck with a router than a drill press. The 5D Tactical is THE jig to get. A bench vise is necessary. So is some cutting oil or other quality lubricant. That and time. Don't rush or get cocky, it won't end well. :)

I'll second that. I've seen one built with a drill press and it was U-G-L-Y! It works ....I guess. For all 30 rounds it ever had. Router 100%

I ordered 10 more Magpul mags, two of which are Matrix Muddy Girl camo and also ordered two "Punisher Girl" extended takedown pins and a black Punisher Girl Magpul grip.

I want to keep it subtle and to her taste and so far I think I'm on the right track.

At this point I could have bought a complete rifle for the cost, but it should fit her like a glove and I'm putting it together, so that makes it speshul. ;)

I ordered 10 more Magpul mags, two of which are Matrix Muddy Girl camo and also ordered two "Punisher Girl" extended takedown pins and a black Punisher Girl Magpul grip.

I want to keep it subtle and to her taste and so far I think I'm on the right track.

At this point I could have bought a complete rifle for the cost, but it should fit her like a glove and I'm putting it together, so that makes it speshul. ;)
We want pictures when it's done, ya know, to prove it really exists :D

Better yet, just buy an Aero lower--better QC than Anderson and pre-threaded for a 4-40 setscrew to boot. Also has a built-in screw for adjusting receiver fit so you don't need to waste time on Accuwedges.

I'll second that. I've seen one built with a drill press and it was U-G-L-Y! It works ....I guess. For all 30 rounds it ever had. Router 100%
See your Drill Press and raise with a cordless hand drill on a polymer... wasn't meant to look good, just prove it could be done and be a clear "Go Choke On A Big Fatty" to Turd Ferguson.

I want to keep it subtle and to her taste and so far I think I'm on the right track. At this point I could have bought a complete rifle for the cost, but it should fit her like a glove and I'm putting it together, so that makes it speshul. ;)
Good job on working to the fit/taste for her. I liked the 80% way because I enjoy building and it lent a tad more personal aspect to it.

Dan

I'd have preferred the 80% route, but it's not financially practical for me. The tools to do it right would mean too much outlay to build one firearm.

Also, she could complete by drilling out one of the pin holes and it's indisputable. LoL
Good luck man! I really think I ought to follow suit!

You can rent a router .
Buy the jig kit build one and if that's all you want to do.
Then sell the jig to someone else.
Now I have been told you can sell the jig. But you can not loan it to someone or go half's with someone.
The person building the gun must own the jig.
At least that's what I been told by a well know member on here

Just like you can't take your 80% lower to machine shop and have them do it.
You have to do it yourself.
I bought a DeWalt router and the jig kit that came with 3 .
80% lowers .
Took my time follow the instructions and .
Had no problems.

I bought 3 Anderson Lowers and they all turned out very nice. I used two BCM PNT FCG and other was a Spike's Tactical FCG. I got a fairly good deal since I waited for the lower parts to be on sale either BCM or Spike's Tactical lower parts. My first builds I bought some fully assembled Troy Industries uppers with stainless steel barrels with melonite linings.

I just ordered the (hopefully) last part to finish it off. A black Punisher Girl trigger guard to go with the grip & extended take down pins with same.

The pins and guard are black with white, but the grip is all black and very subtle.
In fact with my eyes it's hard for me to see because it just disappears into the texture.

I won't know until it's finished, but I think that's enough bling type stuff to be personal to her yet still be a practical firearm. Kinda' like her. ;)

Now I'm impatient to get started.

Watching youtube like an addict. I have the basic gun tools acquired over many years. This is an assembly of parts and I expect some fitting, but it should be relatively straightforward.

I'm building one AR ever. I just never cared for them.
They came into use a few years before I was a newbie Airman and I had friends who carried them.
The first ones were not always dependable and since I'm a dinosaur & admire John Browning as well as Mr. Garand, I just stayed away from them.
I acknowledge their advancement & reliability or I wouldn't chance giving one to my fiance.

I'll stick with my M1A. ;)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads