JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I need some help please.

The hammer pin was already in the hammer with the spring attached and I can't figure out how to remove it and I'm coming up empty on youtube etc.

How do you remove it?

The hammer pin is held in place by a J-spring inside the hammer, just smack it good with a Nylon hammer and it will pop right out.

Last Edited:
Note the j-spring inside the hammer pin hole. Also note how the pins have two grooves, when installing the pins insert the end without a groove first.

firecontrolgrouphammertriggersear.jpg

Last Edited:
Thanks guys. I found it on google.
It even works.

It's done except for the buffer tube & brace. Somewhere along the way I lost the spring & pin to retain the buffer. So now I have to order replacements. :confused:

You mentioned the trigger question...I recently took delivery of a Rise Armament RA-140. I suspect that it is not a coincidence that the retail price of this modular trigger is $140. I got mine from Midway for $130 delivered. It is specified as a 3.5 pound trigger. My Lyman trigger gauge shows it breaking at 3# 9 ounces, but due to the fact that I can't hold still perfectly, the reading jumps up to 3# 12 oz. There is a miniscule amount of pre-travel but the let off is very crisp. I find it remarkable that this unit is priced around $100 less than comparable triggers (I have more than one Timney...) and it seems to me that it represents an outstanding value. Also, since it is modular, you don't have to worry about installing the springs upside down!
If and when you decide you want to upgrade, take a look at this one...I am VERY happy with it, especially in light of the price, which BTW includes anti-walk pins!
Enjoy!!!

Looks nice! I've got the brace and everything else installed yesterday, still waiting on my upper. Its gonna be a little bit of an xm177 clone in pistol form i think. It's starting to look like something. But I have to say... that a1 grip angle is waaaay to much. Its crazy uncomfortable compared to the grip angle on my ak. I'll probably be looking for something more vertical.

I just finished the 22lr build for the wife. Handy and light little thing! I scratched the castlenut up unfortunately because i didnt have the wrench but... seems fine.

IMG_20190808_145217.jpg

yeah i got 35ft/lbs in my hand. Work on cars all the time and have developed a feeling for it. I also staked it, yes! I just touched it up with some paint... looks fine.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top