JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Glock makes good guns. I shoot them well enough and own a few or five......

That said, my RIA Tac Ultra is my favorite gun to shoot. That and my Zev OZ9.

Hmmm. Joined just this year. Only 23 messages, none longer than four lines. All but two only two lines or less. Sum total is to sneer at everyone here and say "Go take some training." Wow. How profound. As if that doesn't get said multiple times in every thread. But without the snotty gratuitous expressions of contempt. Does not seem to himself have served in the military. And is just a freeloader

Last Edited:
So J, do you like movies with gladiators in them?
052286DA-8B59-42D4-8331-AF191ACC463A.jpeg

Could be the Glock brand:
I think you are resisting loving the gun. The good rep that Glock has is well deserved. I ran 3k+ rounds through mine with zero jams. I have cleaned it only when it was convenient.

Could be the trigger:
Carefully let the trigger reset, aim & pull it again. There's a nice rhythm to it. Don't let the trigger get all the way back to idle. When in a groove, my G26 about as reliable a shot, and easy to shoot as my .22 Ruger.

Could be the sites:
The factory sites could be bothering you. They work well though, at least for me. There could, indeed, be a learning curve when getting acquainted with them. I had to learn to obscure the bullseye with the front site, and then pull the trigger. Seemed unnatural to me, but get every next shot closer than the last one, and the gun will respond in a reliably accurate way.

Yes, thank you for the wealth of information. I greatly appreciate it. I know when I shoot Glocks it just feels very unnatural in my hand and the squeezing the trigger whereas in the M&P's it's extremely comfortable. You know as I've heard many times shoot what works best for you what you're confident with what you're comfortable with and what you shoot well. I guess at times I feel like I'm missing the boat not shooting Glocks well. I know it's not the gun maybe it is but I know the majority of it is me. I'm pretty certain I have a lot of flaws when I shoot in my form. I'm going to take some formal training classes to see if we can't pin those down and help alleviate some of them.
Triggers and sights are two of the most common parts Glock users change.

The grip angle is something you'll just have to adapt to; backstraps can help with this to some degree, but it just how Glocks are. Anyone who says a 1911 is THE "natural" grip angle vs Glock being "unnatural" is wrong; Browning's 18 degree angle points more naturally for some, and Glock's 22 degree angle is the more natural feeling one for others.

If the Glock angle feels weird to you, don't fret - when you shoot it enough, you'll naturally adjust and it won't feel "off" to you anymore.

Grip angle doesn't have to be a big deal. If you keep your thumbs pointed straight down the barrel when you grip the gun, you can point your thumbs at the target during your draw, and will be roughly on target while you are acquiring your target, no matter what the grip angle may be.

Last Edited:
Grip angle doesn't have to be a big deal. If you keep your thumbs pointed straight down the barrel when you grip the gun, you can point your thumbs at the target during your draw, and will be roughly on target while you are acquiring your target, no matter what the grip angle may be.
Except with a boot-gripped magnum revolver.. your thumb will wind up being pointed at all points of the compass.

I grew up with Glocks, learned to shoot them fairly well.

Glock does have a very different grip angle, more like a luger vs the browning angle of most other plastic fantastic's.

When I shoot my buddies M&P I hit high, muscle memory is pretty strong.

I'm pretty sure I just bought into all the negative hype about the grip angle. It's just something I gotta put some trigger time on and just get used to shooting a Glock.

Last Edited:
Just watched several G45 vids I'm leaning hard towards it over the G19. I've shot a 19 used to have a Gen5. Have never shot the G45 but from the videos I've watched it's pretty money. May just get the G45 first then down the road a bit grab a G19. And be content!

Just watched several G45 vids I'm leaning hard towards it over the G19. I've shot a 19 used to have a Gen5. Have never shot the G45 but from the videos I've watched it's pretty money. May just get the G45 first then down the road a bit grab a G19. And be content!
G45 is the best Glock produced so far in my opinion.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA

New Resource Reviews