JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
To each their own. To me a 9 is good for ringing steel at the range and I have a CZ Shadow II to prove it. My daily carry is either a Gen 4 Glock 22 in 40 S&W or a Gen 4 Glock 32 in 357 Sig. For IWB carry I have a S&W 40 Shield with a drop in 357 Sig barrel depending on my mood.
To each their own. I carry strictly 9mm. Did it in the Marines, LE and now as a civilian. I see no reason to change.

I'd love to try .357 sig in a Glock. .40 is such a great caliber and fun to have more power than 9mm. Peopel who are not smart downplay it cuz it's not "cool" to have one now. Just like those that downplay .41 magnum. That bubblegum will bubblegum you up but they think it's not cool because everyone is shooting .357 or whatever. Small minds.
Food fight !

:)

Should be obvious if you read his posts.
Man, you pay a lot more attention than I do.
200.gif

To each their own. I carry strictly 9mm. Did it in the Marines, LE and now as a civilian. I see no reason to change.
In the late 70's (Navy) and early 80's (ORNG) I carried and worked on 1911's. I poo-pooed the 9mm way back then and have only in the last 10 years come to own one. Here is a question for you, If you weren't mandated to carry 9mm and had the same unlimited supply of ammo of whatever caliber of choice would that still be 9 or is it possible you'd like something different? You see I'm in that boat. I own an ammunition company and can shoot as much of whatever I want when I want. That's why I say the 9 is good for wanging steel but the 40 and 357 Sig is better for carry/self defense.

In the late 70's (Navy) and early 80's (ORNG) I carried and worked on 1911's. I poo-pooed the 9mm way back then and have only in the last 10 years come to own one. Here is a question for you, If you weren't mandated to carry 9mm and had the same unlimited supply of ammo of whatever caliber of choice would that still be 9 or is it possible you'd like something different? You see I'm in that boat. I own an ammunition company and can shoot as much of whatever I want when I want. That's why I say the 9 is good for wanging steel but the 40 and 357 Sig is better for carry/self defense.
In all honesty with how far ammo/ballistics have come I'd definitely stick with 9mm. More capacity, easy follow up shots, same results if bullets are placed correctly and training is done.

I used to be a big .40 guy. In fact my first few carry guns were chambered in .40. I just think it's time has come and gone. I'd carry a 10mm before a .40 at this point. But over those two I'd still choose 9mm.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top