JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I suspect Glock was either selling enough of their .22 conversion kits to justify a dedicated .22 pistol - OR - they were selling a lot of .22 conversion kits and getting a lot of complaints. Historically .22 conversion kits do not have a great 'track record' of accuracy or reliability.

A spokesman in a vid about it mentioned 'It will use the exact same same trigger as your standard G19' so they are obviously thinking cheaper shooting, training etc. but with the standard Glock 'feel' & action. He also mentioned 'no more .22 conversions' so my guess to the reliability and quality of their conversion kit is probably correct.

I suspect Glock was either selling enough of their .22 conversion kits to justify a dedicated .22 pistol - OR - they were selling a lot of .22 conversion kits and getting a lot of complaints. Historically .22 conversion kits do not have a great 'track record' of accuracy or reliability.

A spokesman in a vid about it mentioned 'It will use the exact same same trigger as your standard G19' so they are obviously thinking cheaper shooting, training etc. but with the standard Glock 'feel' & action. He also mentioned 'no more .22 conversions' so my guess to the reliability and quality of their conversion kit is probably correct.

They (Glock) did not make or sell conversion kits, they are an after market accessory sold/made by Advantage Arms, Ciener, Tactical Solutions, Zev Technologies, etc. The G44 is the first Glock 22lr product.

SHould've added - that Taurus TX-22 is close in size to the G44. Street price from what I've seen is about what Tim from MAC paid - I saw them for $244 from a couple places. 16 round double stack mags. Comes suppressor ready from the factory. If you look at the G44 and compare to this gun - the Glock is got name going for it, but its going to have to be an outstanding gun to make a lot of people pay $400+ when you can get this gun for 60%

SHould've added - that Taurus TX-22 is close in size to the G44. Street price from what I've seen is about what Tim from MAC paid - I saw them for $244 from a couple places. 16 round double stack mags. Comes suppressor ready from the factory. If you look at the G44 and compare to this gun - the Glock is got name going for it, but its going to have to be an outstanding gun to make a lot of people pay $400+ when you can get this gun for 60%

Agreed. Funny, I made a thread a while back about the Taurus TX-22 as a possibility for my dad. As much as I dislike them, there are worse brands for sure.

Agreed. Funny, I made a thread a while back about the Taurus TX-22 as a possibility for my dad. As much as I dislike them, there are worse brands for sure.

I have been firmly in the anti-Taurus camp for years. Bad experiences with them. But... their QC seems to have stepped up. One of my employees picked up a G2C and on a recent shooting trip, we put a few hundred rounds through it and it didn't hiccup once. We did discover it preferred 124 grain ammo over 147 from a point of impact standpoint - but the gun had a very Glock like trigger, it was a pussycat to shoot, and it fed both ball and hollowpoint ammo well. That was his second outing with the gun, and he's confident enough in it that it is his carry piece. I didn't hate it. For $179 it was a good bargain.

Maybe, maaaaaybe they're starting to not suck. What does suck - the sights are plastic, and aftermarket support is very, very limited, so he's stuck with the crummy 3 dot plastic sights for a while. There are like, 2 makers who make aftermarket sights for it.

Unfortunately, this will legitimately be Glock reliability. They are calling it a Glock and stamping it as there own. Personally I have quit using .22 in sa firearms that is not cci, geco or a few other non bulk box style manufacturers. I do use bulk box in bolts, levers, revolvers and such.

My ammo failures are down, but not eliminated. Glock having an image of utter reliability going into a market where this is impossible seems foolish.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top