JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Does Glock Pig Nose bother you?

• No; it's a tool and as long as it works, it's fine.

Votes: 24 42.1%
  • Yes; it's a flaw and a $500+ pistol should be straight.

Votes: 33 57.9%

• Total voters
I don't appreciate the wonderful-ness of Glock enough to overlook it. It mostly just feeds my bias.
Fans will excuse it being "merely aesthetic" and say it doesn't adversely effect the performance of the gun. Okay. Fair enough.
You know what else doesn't adversely effect the performance of the gun? Doing it right the first time.
:s0059:

Just checked the safe, never once cared before this, 7 out of 9 glocks have pig nose, the worst being my 17L which is definitely contacting the slide, the two that don't are a gen4 g33 and a g45. My g21 with a TLR1 also has it so I don't think hanging stuff off the nose like a hip highschool student helps any. Oh well, still gonna buy more.

I'll also note that bud's stock photo of a gen3 g17 has it bad and Glock itself has a gen4 g34 MOS as their stock photo which... also has it.

Last Edited:
For those not familiar, "Pig Nose" refers to the condition that some Glocks come with from the factory in which the front portion of the polymer frame has a slight curve upwards, rather than being straight.

I've been fortunate in that none of the Glock pistols I've purchased over the last 20 years has been afflicted with this condition, because it would bother me greatly to own a pistol that was aesthetically flawed as such...

... Just curious how folks here view the flaw.

It is NOT a flaw, it is a purposeful redesign of the rail to allow easier and faster attachment of an accessory, especially is you are in a Danger Close situation, and can not afford to take your eyes off the danger.

A 'flaw' would be missing [a gap], a fold or crease, or similar, in the polymer.

I have never before you post heard anything called 'pig nose' outside of a few politicians, and the "flaw" is in your brain.

It is NOT a flaw, it is a purposeful redesign of the rail to allow easier and faster attachment of an accessory, especially is you are in a Danger Close situation, and can not afford to take your eyes off the danger.

A 'flaw' would be missing [a gap], a fold or crease, or similar, in the polymer.

I have never before you post heard anything called 'pig nose' outside of a few politicians, and the "flaw" is in your brain.
Who's your dealer? Wanna call him later, he's got good stuff

Who's your dealer? Wanna call him later, he's got good stuff

I have NO idea what your comment actually means, is that also a 'flaw'?

I have one Glock 17, and that is one more than I actually care to own, but it is a good "horrible weather gun", so I put up with it. Gen 2, many thousands of rounds through it, never any malfunctions. Well, except for people who do not understand how to properly hold and shoot a polymer handgun that is.

On some guns the "melted or no snag" look is a feature.
Or if you shooot an ugly gun you don't have to look at it's pig nose.
I care so much about this, I had to dig out my G22 that I've had for a couple years and see if it has this "feature" or not.
It does.
:cool:
It's not just the "melted" part at the end. Look at the gap between the slide and the frame.

I have NO idea what your comment actually means, is that also a 'flaw'?

I have one Glock 17, and that is one more than I actually care to own, but it is a good "horrible weather gun", so I put up with it. Gen 2, many thousands of rounds through it, never any malfunctions. Well, except for people who do not understand how to properly hold and shoot a polymer handgun that is.
Ok. Kid gloves, I get it. I want the telephone number that your crack dealer uses to communicate with people whom he sells crack to because the crack he sells is clearly of higher than average quality.

Is this a recent occurrence in Glocks; in Gen 4s; or earlier?

I have a Gen 3 17 OD frame (bought new in 07/08) but i cannot look at now and I have a Gen 4 20 MOS that I recently acquired this year and was manufactured this year, too.

Granted the OP pic example shows a US made Glock, I knew well enough to never buy one .:cool:

Is this a recent occurrence in Glocks; in Gen 4s; or earlier?

I have a Gen 3 17 OD frame (bought new in 07/08) but i cannot look at now and I have a Gen 4 20 MOS that I recently acquired this year and was manufactured this year, too.

Granted the OP pic example shows a US made Glock, I knew well enough to never buy one .:cool:

i don't have a clue what Generation my 22 is, but it only says Austria on it and this is what it looks like.
bubblegumin pig nose.jpg

It's not just the "melted" part at the end. Look at the gap between the slide and the frame.
<shrug> I bought mine used at a gun show from Kieths guns for what I call a good price. I did just now look at the gap between the slide and frame and both sides are different looking near the muzzle. again <shrug> It's a Glock and mines a good shooter. As far as I'm concerned that's all I can ask for.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top