JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Does Glock Pig Nose bother you?

• No; it's a tool and as long as it works, it's fine.

Votes: 24 42.1%
  • Yes; it's a flaw and a $500+ pistol should be straight.

Votes: 33 57.9%

• Total voters
Reactions
For those not familiar, "Pig Nose" refers to the condition that some Glocks come with from the factory in which the front portion of the polymer frame has a slight curve upwards, rather than being straight.

Like this:

www.hunt101.com_data_500_medium_CIMG1930.jpg

I've been fortunate in that none of the Glock pistols I've purchased over the last 20 years has been afflicted with this condition, because it would bother me greatly to own a pistol that was aesthetically flawed as such.

However, seems a majority of Glock owners really aren't bothered by it.

My brother just bought a new Gen 4 G20 and was showing it off to me the other day. It had a bad case of pig nose; as bad as the one in the photo above. I pointed it out to him and said I heard there was a way to fix it, and he said he didn't care, which was surprising to me since he is a former Sig fanboy and recent convert to Glocks.

Just curious how folks here view the flaw.

It's an object that's essentially going to batter itself to death slowly. I might be more inclined to be bothered if it cost a grand, but again... it's not a BBQ gun

A little lipstick will fix that pig right up.

1DF4D45C-A718-49F5-A662-733A9C334E61.jpeg

But really, it does bug me and for the price of one, it's a shame. If polymer simply had an issue and every gun off the line had the issue, then it'd be easier to live with.

But polymer can be straight as an arrow and the fact that many frames come out that way indicates to me that this is a defect in tooling or quality control. The fact that it doesn't impair function is the only saving grace...but that's a lot like saying a brand new car with a lopsided and hanging bumper still drives. Well...yea...but that's not the point.

Last Edited:
On some guns the "melted or no snag" look is a feature.
Or if you shooot an ugly gun you don't have to look at it's pig nose.
I care so much about this, I had to dig out my G22 that I've had for a couple years and see if it has this "feature" or not.
It does.
:cool:

Shoulda had an option to say something in between, like it's pretty tacky to have a gun with a flaw like that...

I have one Glock and I only have it for a sentimental reason. It's a G22 and it's got a pig nose. It's kind of a pig, so I guess it's fitting.
My wife's G43 doesn't have a rail, but it has a pig nose.

Like I said, pretty tacky. I know these are supposed to be as reliable as can be, but that's not a nice thing to see when one buys a gun.

Tupperware is what it is.

I just brought the vote to 50/50 with my 'yes, it's a flaw' vote.

Nothing against Glock (I once owned one) but I see this as a flaw that should not be there.

I suspect the majority who are not 'bothered' by it probably did not notice it at the time of purchase, not unlike a flaw with anything, but I can assure I would have noticed it if I were looking it over!

I was in the hp plastic injection busines for a short time and that is just sloppy. They either can leave it in the mold for a few seconds longer, keep the mold cooler with more water flow, have a jig to set the newly minted pieces on for a few minutes to cure, or add mateial there to be milled flat. As reliable as my glocks were i dont miss them.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top