JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Just came across this "new" case trimmer while looking to replace the Lee Trimmer for my .222 Rem. It's kinda nifty in the way you "micro" adjust the cutting length in that you loosen either the top ring or the body, put a feeler gauge in between the thickness you want to adjust, then tighten the set screws back up. It's $56 on Amazon and I'll report back with how it works.

71ZZETTObdL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg
1.jpg

Trimmer arrived today and it was a snap to setup for my .222 Rem. Adjusted to a finished piece of brass, chucked it up and trimmed away. End result was right on the money. I just ordered three more to retire the Lee Trimmers I have for the rest of my bottle neck cartridges. I will set those up long and use a feeler gauge to test the "micro adjust" portion of the setup which I am sure will be spot on.

As for other styles of cutters, I have never been a fan of the 3-way cutters since they first came out. I like the flat end mills and doing the chamfer and deburring in separate steps so I have better control of how much I take off.

I recommend this product.

IMG_20230220_153219877.jpg IMG_20230220_151337717.jpg IMG_20230220_160903949.jpg

Trimmer arrived today and it was a snap to setup for my .222 Rem. Adjusted to a finished piece of brass, chucked it up and trimmed away. End result was right on the money. I just ordered three more to retire the Lee Trimmers I have for the rest of my bottle neck cartridges. I will set those up long and use a feeler gauge to test the "micro adjust" portion of the setup which I am sure will be spot on.

As for other styles of cutters, I have never been a fan of the 3-way cutters since they first came out. I like the flat end mills and doing the chamfer and deburring in separate steps so I have better control of how much I take off.

I recommend this product.

View attachment 1369849View attachment 1369858View attachment 1369856
The whole reason I sold all my trimmers (Lyman and 2 WFT's) and bought into the Giraud system was the need to eliminate steps for my arthritic hands and I'll tell you this, it definitely helped. I

The Giraud trimmer is adjustable to how much material you can take off for chamfering and deburring, it involves moving the cutter slightly.
After I got my .223 trimmer I started to tinker with it because the factory chamfer/debur setting did not suit my needs. I wanted a little more material taken off the outside rim.
Yes it was a bit of a PITA but I was able to achieve my end result.

Good luck with the new trimmers.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR