JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Does Glock Pig Nose bother you?

• No; it's a tool and as long as it works, it's fine.

Votes: 24 42.1%
  • Yes; it's a flaw and a $500+ pistol should be straight.

Votes: 33 57.9%

• Total voters
My Glock is a baby, it's got a smooth snout, hasn't even yet started to grow any bumps or stubble! 20201226_174118.jpg

Really? THIS is what bothers someone about Glocks? The things are ugly AF. We're talking, "red headed stepchild," ugly. Ugly like the shhh...err...crap house door off a tuna boat. They're reliable AF. But they got a face only a mother...or fanboy...could love. :D

I don't know that I've ever seen a Glock the one shown in the OP. If I did, I wouldn't buy one that looks like that; I'd be concerned there was something mechanically wrong (though that doesn't appear to be an issue) and, frankly, there are plenty of available handguns that don't look like something that melted in the sun.

You don't buy a Glock for looks. You buy it cause it goes bang every time you pull the trigger. Reliability over cosmetics.

I have many better looking guns that go bang every time. That's not a strike against Glock, I just damn near puke when I hear that...:s0099:
Glocks have a good reputation, yes, but they aren't the only handgun that has a similar reputation.

I don't mind the Glock grip angle, I grew up shooting a Ruger 22. I prefer different platforms.

I have many better looking guns that go bang every time.
So do I.

I'll never understand the reverse 'evolution' that has somehow 'dominated' the gun world in that cheaper, molded plastic is somehow superior because of the perception they go 'bang' every time (which they do not). Actually I DO understand it but it's not something I would attempt to explain, well here anyway.

Bottom line is just because it's a relatively 'new ' concept (plastic guns) does not infer they are superior in reliability over traditional designs.

Last Edited:
I have many better looking guns that go bang every time. That's not a strike against Glock, I just damn near puke when I hear that...:s0099:
Glocks have a good reputation, yes, but they aren't the only handgun that has a similar reputation.

I don't mind the Glock grip angle, I grew up shooting a Ruger 22. I prefer different platforms.
All I can speak to is my own personal experience. And Glock is the only handgun I would buy off the shelf, load, and put in my waistband. Not saying others aren't as good. But I haven't had any handgun I would trust more than a Glock.

All my guns are reliable every time or they don't stay my guns for long. My G-22 serves a purpose not covered by my other guns. It's my truck gun and I treat it that way it gets tossed into the center consul with no worry, it gets shot by others and some times a magazine will get dropped in the dirt. No worries, just dust it off and fill it up again. The main thing is it is with me all the time. I bought it in these troubling times figuring 45 rounds of 40 S&W JHP's would make a bigger path in a riot that the 5 44 specials I used to have as a truck gun. Once after the smoke clears I'd much rather surrender my $300.00 Glock than any of the other guns i own.

Ok. Kid gloves, I get it. I want the telephone number that your crack dealer uses to communicate with people whom he sells crack to because the crack he sells is clearly of higher than average quality.

Well, it sounds like you were on crack when you wrote the opening salvo, and again here, because I have no idea what most of that last reply means, so you MUST be on drugs.
Maybe you should change your handle to 'Flaw'

Well, it sounds like you were on crack when you wrote the opening salvo, and again here, because I have no idea what most of that last reply means, so you MUST be on drugs.
Maybe you should change your handle to 'Flaw'
If you can't understand a simple statement, you might not be intelligent enough to own deadly weapons. Think deeply if you can handle them or not, you'll be on my ignore list shortly

So do I.

I'll never understand the reverse 'evolution' that has somehow 'dominated' the gun world in that cheaper, molded plastic is somehow superior because of the perception they go 'bang' every time (which they do not). Actually I DO understand it but it's not something I would attempt to explain, well here anyway.

Bottom line is just because it's a relatively 'new ' concept (plastic guns) does not infer they are superior in reliability over traditional designs.
Would you say a 1911 is as reliable as a Glock? I agree revolvers are just as reliable. But if you told me I had to choose a semi automatic handgun to bet my life on it is going to be a Glock. I don't want to get into 1911 vs Glock even though that's how I staged the question. I believe they both have their place and I own both but when it comes to reliability I don't think you're going to out preform the Glock for the price point.

Would you say a 1911 is as reliable as a Glock? I agree revolvers are just as reliable. But if you told me I had to choose a semi automatic handgun to bet my life on it is going to be a Glock. I don't want to get into 1911 vs Glock even though that's how I staged the question. I believe they both have their place and I own both but when it comes to reliability I don't think you're going to out preform the Glock for the price point.
I carried a 1911 in the Navy, and it was reliable. I only own one 1911, and it has been 100%. However, I am well aware that many, many 1911s are finicky and overall just not as reliable as a Glock, or most polymer striker-fired designs. Even the most hard-core 1911 aficionado admits this. It's pretty much accepted fact.

Add the lower capacity, higher weight, larger size, and complexity and challenges of mods, and the Glock and similar pistols are the clear winners for serious defensive work.

If someone wants to carry a heavier and less reliable pistol with half the capacity with which to trust their lives to, then that is their choice.

I carried a 1911 in the Navy, and it was reliable. I only own one 1911, and it has been 100%. However, I am well aware that many, many 1911s are finicky and overall just not as reliable as a Glock, or most polymer striker-fired designs. Even the most hard-core 1911 aficionado admits this. It's pretty much accepted fact.

Add the lower capacity, higher weight, larger size, and complexity and challenges of mods, and the Glock and similar pistols are the clear winners for serious defensive work.

If someone wants to carry a heavier and less reliable pistol with half the capacity with which to trust their lives to, then that is their choice.
Agreed!

1) Since Glocks are as ugly as a mud fence aesthetics obviously aren't part of the equation. For some reason I find my Gen 1 Steyr S9 quite appealing aesthetically. Go figure. What it looks like doesn't matter, how it works matters a lot. I think our '14 Sonata is ugly but I'm not looking at it when I'm driving or riding in it, and I really like how it performs.

2) As far as the vaunted Glock reliability, I once had to borrow one because the instructor insisted I use the manual safety on the Steyr. (I can't push up hard enough to disengage it. Note that the Steyr without using the safety is functionally identical to the Glock.) I have had 1 malf in 16 years (not quite into battery after many rounds without cleaning) with the S9, could not get through one mag with the Glock.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top